Forza Horizon 5 |OT| All Roads Lead To Mexico

Yeah, it all depends on how you value the VIP Perks and metric ton of additional cars. The game has so many cars that even without the car packs or the 2x race rewards its still so easy to build up your car collection.

2 Likes

Yep, I have a shitton of cars and I only play with like 4-5 :skull:

3 Likes

Don is a legend :fire:

Looks huge amount of track compared to FH3 Hot Wheels DLC

4 Likes

Playground Games are masters at optimization.

2 Likes

That main theme does not get old, Jesus I love it and it captures the vibe SO well. I just wish there was more of this beautiful music in the game, on the radio.

3 Likes

Better quality image of the hot wheels map

Goes live at 7 this evening.

3 Likes

This is the leaderboard right now

Let us see how much acceleration it gains after hot wheels expansion

21.5M 10:45 19/7

1 Like

Wtf

FOV option available on Xbox now :fire:

1 Like

Aaaah so that’s what the update is for, nice. What should I set this to?

It’s here. Go go go!

4 Likes

Look forward to reading impressions here.

Speed Speed Speed

Variety of tracks and Biomes are wonderful

You can drive off the track as well

FOV slider in hot wheels park only

Great campaign progression

5 Likes

It’s probably not too far off 25 million at this point

There was already 2 million players not accounted for on the leaderboards back in the january announcement, that’s likely increased quite a lot since then

I turned off the “hot wheels roll indicator” almost immediately.

Graphics look great. The setting is a welcome change from the Mexico map which was getting long in the tooth. It’s really nice to see icy roads and snow. I missed that.

I like how on rails it feels compared to Forza Horizon 3 hot wheels. I feel more grounded to the track.

4 Likes

Are you referring to how “floaty” cars could feel in the hot wheels FH3 DLC?

I had a hell of a time controlling most cars in that DLC. I loved the theme and graphics, but I couldn’t wrap my head around why the tracks were so hard to drive on.

I haven’t played this FH5 expansion yet (still working), but I watched my kid play a bit and he looked to be having fewer problems than he did on FH3 hot wheels.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Basically the tracks have bumpers on that make it near impossible to fall off so long as you keep your speed up. It’s actually really refreshing to see in a “track” racer. For most track racers mixing speed and no railings gets stressful and much of the focus becomes trying to stay on the track. I’d say 99% of track racers get this wrong. Think of Hot Wheels Unleashed and how much time and focus is wasted simply trying to stay on the track. It’s just nice to finally see a track game that understands the “fun” factor comes from the racing and not the constant stress of falling.

Also in this dlc your car doesn’t seem to get airborne as easily as in other track games. There are moments of air but they are intentional rather than a constant variable. Your car has a tremendous amount of gravity keeping it mostly grounded.

I have to say this was a pleasant surprise to me. I wasn’t expecting such care and effort. In my opinion the Forza Horizion 5 Hot Wheels DLC1 reinvents and improves the track physics that racing games have been using previously. Well done. 10/10.

4 Likes

I want to be the first to say it: neon night mode.

Complete missed opportunity there. It’s so obvious.

2 Likes