Forza Horizon 5 |OT| All Roads Lead To Mexico

First i was a bit disappointed about another Hot Wheels expansion at E3. But after the first looping i’m happy. This rocks! Handling feels better than in FH3.

Oh, and whoever thought lecturing me about Hot Wheels history at over 200km/h is fruitful can eat my shorts.

same, lol.

3 Likes

I just noticed in the graphics options that there’s motion Blur. They recommend long for low framerate and short for high framerate. Is this new?

Not sure why I would want motion blur in 60fps though. Tried it, I don’t see it.

1 Like

Exactly. I was disappointed by the announcement of another Hot Wheels when I felt they had already done that… it was completely wrong to ever doubt Playground Games. This DLC knocks it out of the park and with its new track physics this dlc also provides the groundwork for future track editors and maybe even opens the door for more Forza spin offs.

3 Likes

I did not enjoy the first one super much though, but we can drive off the track now too. How often is this? Good balance?

You basically don’t fall off ever. It’s unlike any track racing game. Even slamming into the railing won’t make you go airborne.

I’m actually hoping they make a F-zero type of spin off. The F-zero game on the game cube was amazing. I loved racing in and around the tubes. The tracks felt more fun than Wipeout or Redout. Without memorizing those tracks it feels like a bumper car game or like I’m a bowling ball on a lane with bumpers. The gamecube F-zero just felt much better overall. And since Nintendo isn’t doing anything with the genre, let’s go playground!

2 Likes

Did the initial drive and a few events before getting ready for work. So far seems miles ahead of FH3 hot wheels.

Looking forward to smashing through some more content tonight.

That is a cool idea.

However… If I’m in charge of Xbox, I’d say this new Playground Games tweaked Forzatech/Horizion/Hot Wheels engine should be the template for a Kart racer. Crash Bandicoot is the most likely candidate to be front and center but I would include all of Xbox’s most popular characters. Themed levels in Halo, Fallout, Tony Hawk… Xbox actually owns a lot of ip to make a kart racer and now they have the perfect racing engine for it.

3 Likes

No I meant like, do you get to drive on other terrain as well or is it all on those tracks? Some beautiful scenery they made and I’d love to just cruise around there.

Yes. First race I did had off track parts mixed in.

2 Likes

I like it!

I say they do both!

1 Like

This would be awesome, so it won’t happen.

1 Like

Great idea, but why wouldn’t they just use Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled as a template for a future Xbox kart racer? CTR:NR played great and is better suited I’d say, and it’d be an excuse to go update Nitro Fueled for PC and get a PC port out.

Love how they reworked progression. Most people should be happy now and if they go by their usual ways this should be implemented in a way in the next FH game.

Working your way up to use faster cars should solve all problems people had with the progression system. Heck you can’t even drive in the open world with cars higher than your rank.

7 Likes

Just saw T-Pain streaming FH5 on twitch. He has a very nice rig with a moving chair and wheel there.

i think thats ok for an expansion but would be bad for the main game. imagine you win a porsche in a wheelspin and can’t use it because you are still in C class academy. i would not like that.

limit what can be in wheelspins until that class is unlocked

6 Likes

Either this or eliminate wheelspins entirely. There are 1000 accolades but most of them just have some emotes as a reward. You could easily fill these rewards with cars.

Only played a couple hours but pretty god damn good so far. I love how throwing away realism just lets them have fun and make cool tracks - not even the obvious stuff like loops or what not but environmental stuff like driving alongside a collosal waterfall or driving under the twisting roots of a giant tree.
There’s little moments where you’re racing online where you could almost forget for a moment that it’s hot wheels, then you go over a jump and you’re just hit by a crazy vista of orange tracks running in every direction. It’s great.

3 Likes

I never buy expansions or DLC’s for games and never bought one for Forza either. It was soo hard to resist hearing all the good feedback I also wanted to support Forza Horizon game. Bit the bullet and bought the hot wheels expansion.

Time to install the game

9 Likes

Haha me too, I very rarely buy DLC. Seeing as I didn’t pay for the game might as well get the DLC.

1 Like