Forza Horizon 5: E3 Gameplay Demo; Game Launches November 9th 2021

Kudos to Playground!

• Kudos – A social currency awarded between players for positive acts, unlocking flairs that can be attached to a player’s label and visible to others.

And finally, thanks to the twelve teraflops of raw power of Series X we can gift cars to other players. What a wonderful new world!

• Gift Drops – Send and receive gifts from the community. You can take one of your cars, apply upgrades and a paint job and then drop it as a gift to another player.
2 Likes

Poor PGR fans. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Stole the show, and that’s saying something given the show was already amazing even outside FH5

6 Likes

This is from the Xbox Wire article about the game. Got wallpapers and a 30 second 4k60 b roll clip without yucky YouTube compression.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/06/media-asset-155874.zip

3 Likes

Live reaction at XboxEra headquarters:

You can see the exact moment the cars appeared on the screen lol

18 Likes

I’ve literally seen PS fans on Twitter losing their mind over how good FH5 looks.

9 Likes

Probably the cover is a car that is yet to be unveiled

3 Likes

Bunch of good info here:

7 Likes

Some of the team at Playground are from Bizarre, but still it would be nice to see a PGR. That said, if and when FH5 does well they should pitch it hard to MS.

My brother is doing amateur photogrammetry and can digitize portions of his city and it looks amazing. Photogrammetry + Microsoft Bing Satellite imagery a la Flight Sim and you’ve got PGR right there. Easy money. Not to change the topic but rather I’m saying this to point out that my faith in Playground is so strong that I think they can create a new system selling racing IP just like that.

More than all the detail…getting the right lighting, atmospheric scattering (fog), and tone mapping right is what gets you photorealistic visuals and they nailed it. They know that they’re doing. Fable is going to look great. And it doesn’t need to look super realistic, but rather it’ll look cohesive and sensical.

6 months is going to be a long wait after this reveal!

2 Likes

Ha ha I had a similar reaction. I literally had both my hands to my head saying “No fucking way! OMG that shit looks real!”

Nice to see the Ultimate addon pack is only $60CDN + 10% gamepass discount. I am def getting the addon day one

5 Likes

Nice i was looking for that after the showcase. Around $63AUD with 10% discount. That’s not bad.

1 Like

Getting that too! The expansions and content for FH4 was excellent!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see Japan in next-gen only.

6 Likes

What a great day it has been :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holy crap, that change to how weather in the seasons affect different parts of the map is unreal! I will absolutely be buying the premium add on for DLC and early access.

8 Likes

On the Iron Lord’s reaction someone mentioned that the Race Labs portion look like Fall Guys and he got me thinking if you can make a racing version of Fall Guys in this that would be incredible.

2 Likes

Watched the gameplay video a couple more times in 4K and just, holy cow. I love Forza, my expectations were already high, and the footage we saw today still demolished those expectations.

7 Likes

I was grinning when I saw this trailer. Loved that they chose an Arkells song for the trailer too.

After watching the 4K V.O.D. this is the best looking game I’ve ever seen.

16 Likes