Forza Horizon 5: E3 Gameplay Demo; Game Launches November 9th 2021

I’ve watched the trailer for FH5 about 5 times now. It’s eye meltingly gorgoues.

7 Likes

I wonder if I buy the Ultimate Add-on Pack I’ll be able to play the game early without actually buying the base game?

In theory I should, since I’m preloading the full game via Game Pass?

1 Like

Yeah the premium bundle includes the early unlock for Game Pass users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is gonna be one of the ways that MS can help make Game Pass a bit more profitable, I’ll be buying it day 1 too.

Of course! they did this with Forza Hortizon 4, it pretty much turns your Game Pass version into the Ultimate version which you get the game, but obviously you don’t own the game it’s just in Game Pass. I did it with FH4.

3 Likes

—PASTING A RELATED ANSWER—

Just don’t wanna be very toxic about it but Forza Horizon 5 (a racing gaming) looks way more photorealistic and next-gen than any PS gameplay I’ve seen this year. As a Xbox fan, I’m really proud of Playground Games and I think it’s a hidden gem which can prove to be even more than what Insomniac is to PS. They had been through thick and thin delivering high quality exclusives for Xbox when there weren’t any. I want Phil to know that now that you have well established “acquisitions” in your studio lineup, please invest heavily on team Playground Games as it has been through a “natural growth” which we are really proud of. Graphics of racing games are never supposed to look even better than the blockbuster action adventure AAA titles but here we are all thanks to Playground.

1 Like

Just imagine what a next gen only fully built on the new engine Fable game would look like…

Was just gonna say the same thing. Forza tech is insanely good and Fable oh boy that will be stunning.

Of the all hot takes I’ve seen this one takes the cake, on another forum I use someone said DriveClub still looks better then FH5

3 Likes

Lmao that’s a good one.

So much salt and cringe :weary:

At last, so nice to see a true next-gen experience from MS. Game looks utterly amazing

I just noticed Charleyy from Xbox UK tweeted this.

some amazing new #ForzaHorizon5 features for char customisation:

• prosthetic limbs
  • choose pronouns
  • hair style + colour
  • different voices
  • and much more!

Wonderful!

8 Likes

On Xbox Series X Forza Horizon 5 will feature 4K resolution at 30fps, on Xbox Series S Forza Horizon 5 will play at 1080p resolution at 30fps. Both platforms will feature a performance mode that runs at 60fps.

4K30 and 1080p60 again? Ugh, why?! :roll_eyes:

Performance mode on Series S without given resolution? That will be for sure lower than 1080p :roll_eyes:

There’s going to be 60 modes obviously, and it’ll be something like 1800p or the like on Series X which is fine by me the game looked stunning.

Yeah that’ll be good enough for me. Do we think FH could be 4k60 if it didn’t support the Xbox One consoles?

Probably, they are shipping an absurd number of SKUs of this game during a pandemic, lmao at people who complain this time, come on.

1 Like

Most gaming PCs won’t be able to run FH5 at native 4K60fps.

1800p would be fine indeed! I just can’t go back to 30fps anymore.

Will choose 1080p60 no problem.

1 Like

I expect Series X running with 1440p or dynamic 4K and 60FPS. Can’t see 1080p happening at all on the Series X.

1 Like

Idk, when they say 4k they usually mean dynamic not native. So if I had to guess…dynamic 4k 30fps and 1440 60fps