Forza Horizon 5: E3 Gameplay Demo; Game Launches November 9th 2021

Finally saw the 4K feed and I had a huge smile the whole time.

Sunny noontime Mexico reminds me of classic SEGA arcade racers from Outrun to Daytona with the bright sunlight and saturated colours.

It’s hard to believe that it’ll be on Gamepass.

I actually appreciate the current gen version because I’ll likely not have an XSX this Fall.

5 Likes

I’m totally happy with the location: jungles, desert, volcano and a lot of colors. Looks insane. And seasons return, nice.

And the tunnels from Ken Blocks video are in, so you can do all of this yourselfes.

2 Likes

looks fucking stunning, easily the highlight of the show both in terms of showing graphical prowess and gameplay using a good reveal structure, just hoping it has better player progression than FH4 and I’ll be sold.

Plus I’m sure the Forge-A Horizon Mode is gonna keep the game very very alive with great wacky levels from the community.

5 Likes

Unbelievable, I can’t get over how real it looks. Absolutely insane.

1 Like

Cross gen game :slight_smile: imagine the next game and just imagine what Fable is going to look like.

11 Likes

Mindblowing. The setting is absolutely beautiful. Loved it. The presentation format was top notch. This is how to do it. Taking time to show and explain the game. Hope they do it with other games. Day One GPU for me.

6 Likes

From reactions I’m reading elsewhere, FH5 will be a System-Seller.

No, correction, Game-Pass seller. When MS get xCloud streaming on PCs and streaming sticks, FH5 is gonna bring home the bacon.

7 Likes

Playground always delivers.

10 Likes

Now add on the season-tech.

Ohhh boy! :grinning:

1 Like

This, along with BF20442, are probably the 2 best looking next gen games I have seen so far. FH5 looks so freakin incredible!!! My wife is from Mexico and I’ve been to Guanajuato in the past so I can’t wait to compare it to the real thing.

Mexico is a great location to be honest, this is going to be the best FH yet!

4 Likes

Looks incredible love the high geometric detail.

I hate to be that guy, but it will probably be pointed out in the digital foundry video

But in the top left on the mountains here you can notice some pop in,they will probably have this fixed by launch though, but it is interesting.

@4.56 https://youtube.com/clip/UgzHioiVgkBVtCmE3hF4AaABCQ

1 Like

I’m really hoping they are going for dynamic 4K on XSX in the performance mode because there’s no way I’ll “cope” with the 4K mode that is 30fps.

3 Likes

So…

How many players do we think will play this week 1? 10 million, 15 million?

2 Likes

I’ll be conservative and say 10 million, but it’ll grow over time lot quicker than FH4 did.

4 Likes

Depends if MS get xCloud working on PCs by then, plus xCloud via streaming TV stick and Xbox via Smart TV.

Even if one of those happens before FH5 release, you could add on a few extra million to the Day 1 player base.

2 Likes

I think it will be at least native 1440p on seriesX 60fps mode.

4 Likes

Brown describes that, unlike Forza Horizon 4 where the weather is universal and “if it’s raining in Edinburgh, it’s raining everywhere else in the world as well”, Forza Horizon 5’s Mexico will support different weather conditions across different parts of the map.

“It creates great scenarios where you can have snow on top of the volcano and you can go up there and you can even get blizzards up there, while at the exact same time down on the coast it can be blazing hot,” says Brown. “It’s still four seasons – you’ll still see that seasonality change – but it affects the different biomes in different ways. You get dust storms in the dry season, you get tropical storms in storm season, which is autumn. So there’s these big, massive weather events that can occur as well based on which season you’re in. Both of those are just really dynamic; they have a really great impact on the driving experience.”

16 Likes

Wow this looks so fucking good. Changes to seasons sounds amazing. Nice we can buy the premium DLC bundle and still get early access with game pass. I need it now!

Chris Pratt Dinosaurs GIF by Omaze

2 Likes

This looks crazy good, looking forward to more off road and dirt racing

1 Like

Looks absolutely insanely good! I need it now!

1 Like