Forza Horizon 4 reaches 24 million players as of November 2020

Let’s celebrate :grinning:

8 Likes

If all MS games are equally accessible then these numbers do tell us things though. And while the revenue per player will lower, the IP’s will grow which will help attract more people to Game Pass.

SoT at 15 million, FH4 at 24 million, Grounded at 5 million and Battletoads at 1 million does tell a story.

1 Like

SoD2 hit 5mil as of 18 months ago too. Gears 5 topped 3mil at launch as well. Wonder what it’s at now. Game Pass isn’t just an enormous boon for A or AA games, but AAA too.

PC IS gonna be the definitive place for Halo infinite. Easily the highest player numbers, higher spending, higher community engagement and creation (mods, forge stuff, streaming), tournaments, etc.

1 Like

On one hand yes. On the other you have to retain users. If your game sucks is uninspired you will not reach these numbers. Dirt 5 is on game pass and i can guarantee you it will not get to 20 million players.

This is no small feat and Playground did an exceptional well job. Remember FH3 got to over 10 million players without Game Pass.

Would be nice to see Halo as a top streaming game. Also I have always liked watching competitive Halo, so would be nice to see it relevant again

2 Likes

I am not surprised.

Forza Horizon 4 is the best racing game I have ever played in history. No matter the console or generation. It’s not even close. I have no doubt in my mind Forza Motorsport won’t come close even with amazing new graphics.

1 Like

Currently the #2 most played Microsoft game on Steam.

3 Likes

Which means Forza Horizon 4 is the Racer with the most concurrent players ever on Steam right?

The only racing game Forza Horizon 4 trails behind is F1 2020, which set an impressive peak count of 24,010 eight months ago.

Yes, the new concurrent player peak is the highest ever for a racing game on steam. A game that is almost 3 years old releasing at almost full price is an incredible feat.

The current peak is 25,882.

Doesn’t it beat F1? Or am i missing something?

1 Like

Yes, I just copy pasted the F1 figures from the article, which was published just after FH4 released on steam. FH4 surpassed F1 today.

2 Likes

do yall think they released FH4 at full price on Steam to milk as much money from it as possible before FH5 possibly launches later this year?

I don’t think launching at full price has to do anything with potential release of FH5 this year.

What was the launch price for Gears 5 and SOT between?

Absolutely.

1 Like

I know the multiplayer will reach way more players because it’s free to play, I’m sure it’ll get what Horizon 4 got lifetime in the first few weeks and the campaign may as well we’ll see but I think Halo 5 probably got the same sales and players of Horizon 4 honestly and it did it in a much smaller user base and at a time when the Halo brand was very low in popularity, I have to give credit to Playground for their excellent work with the Horizon series, Horizon 5 will be huge.

Yes.

FH5 isn’t coming out this year, sorry. Late 22-23.

Insiders and hints from Jason Ronald suggest otherwise. It would be right on time for its normal release cadence after all.

2 Likes

If it does then that is crazy. I cannot even dream of it. :heart_eyes: Surely they would release Motorsport first though? :thinking: