Forza Horizon 4 reaches 24 million players as of November 2020

Exactly my thoughts too. The new was posted literally on launch day though, so it makes sense I guess. Wild numbers. 13mil for ESO, 15mil+ for SoT, 24mil for FH4 as of Nov '20…these are some insane figures.

Incredible stuff:

2 Likes

What’s most impressive is that it has continuely added new players at a steady rate, which is the definition of a game having legs.

2 Likes

This is also a result of outstanding support with new game modes and cars. No other GaaS racer comes even close.

Forza has surpassed Gears as the second biggest brand at xbox game studios :skull: (not counting Zenimax).

1 Like

There’s a chance Horizon 4 was bigger than Halo 5 too, I do think that between Halo, Gears and Forza Horizon last gen Forza was by far the most successful, what’s crazy is I believe Horizon 4 has lasted way longer than Halo 5 ever did in Xbox’s top 15 most played games in the US, that’s just crazy lol.

Plus there are lots of things that would only cause those numbers to keep growing or even accelerate that aren’t accounted for in this figure. It’s insane.

Let’s wait for a halo game that launches on pc and gamepass day one to decide if halo is or isn’t more popular than horizon.

Think infinite could pass 50 million players 2 years after launch, but who knows.

Kudos to playground though.

2 Likes

oh dont worry Halo Infinite will dethrone FH4 in a weekend. But currently, it’s just facts that FH4 is the most successful game for Xbox last gen, maybe alongside Sea of Thieves.

2 Likes

I love this game

:heart_eyes:

Glad everyone enjoys it.

3 Likes

Also, it does not matter because both are Xbox games, so Microsoft wins either way lol. It is amazing to see how Playground has elevated Forza to even be able to compete with Halo as Xbox’s most successful game of last gen.

2 Likes

I would hope this leads to a genre resurgence with other publishers being confident to invest in the genre again. Superb numbers though. Not the biggest of the gen (Mario Kart 8 is approaching 40 million between Wii U and Switch versions), but certainly healthy.

1 Like

Great numbers, I love the game though it makes me homesick whenever I play it.

2 Likes

Don’t be fooled! It never snows that much in Britain…

The sun never shines that much either! (I know… I live in The Netherlands :laughing: )

It is peppered with dry stones walls and hedges that are pleasing to drive through in a TVR though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unstoppable!!!

1 Like

Goes to show you how valuable Microsoft IPs are. I know many like to discount Microsoft IPs since there is a stigma about Microsoft IPs. Anyways, every Steam release so far always manages to debut in Steam top 10, and they seem to have huge staying power. I think Halo Infinite is going to have a massive release on PC, so it will be interesting to see if PC gamers can bring back Halo games to the top in popularity

2 Likes

Yeah this 100% is on point. SoT is 15mil+, ESO is 18mil+, FH4 is 24mil+, Minecraft is a bajillion+…Halo is gonna be enormous. Even smaller stuff like Grounded and State of Decay are at like, 5mil+ each afaik. It’s nuts. And we aren’t even close to a ceiling yet with all the moves MS is making. 5 yrs from now I can’t imagine how big all their games will be.

Kinda feel like Game Pass makes the unique player count metric alot less useful. Over 18 million Game Pass players right now, a good chunk of them are probably willing to at least gives games like this a shot.

1 Like

I think thats the point. Microsoft isn’t as interested in profit as much as they are making their brands and IP mahoosssive.