Flight Simulator [OT] See that mountain over there? You can crash into it!

Flown to Amsterdam yesterday. My CPU didn’t like the combination of Amsterdam in the dark and the airport next to it. Framerate dropped quite a bit.

Hurricane from a few weeks ago. Forest fire from the other day.

In yesterdays stream Jörg Neumann from Microsoft and Sebastian Wloch from Asobo adressed the top community questions and open issues and gave an outlook for the next updates.

You can rewatch it here Developer Q&A Twitch Series: Top Community Questions [9.30.20] - YouTube

And no, they didn’t give a timeframe for the Xbox version :wink:

STONKS

3 Likes

And here is the world update for North America.

Bump :wink:

2 Likes

This is going to be such a cool experience playing from my couch on the Series X, especially with the new Discovery Flights if you just want to start with going to some cool places for the scenery.

Could the moderator or the author of this thread change and correct the name of it? :slightly_smiling_face:

From Flight Simulator 2020 [OT] to Microsoft Flight Simulator |OT|.

The official title of the game doesn’t have any 2020. Also, it’s been a lot of years the previous MSFS, so it’s obvious that this thread is about the new one, current one.

|OT| would look lice and more unified with other threads that use this form.

1 Like

Somebody post the gif of the dog in the plane from last year’s Microsoft Holiday commercial.

Please and thank you.

now i have to update. give me a second :smiley:

Pre-loaded and ready to fly!

1 Like

unlock times tomorrow

30 or 60FPS on SERIES X?

30 FPS with up to 45-60 FPS with VRR enabled.

1 Like

Thanks!

So once I start playing this week, can I actually expect a airport close to where I live? We got a very small one here , but from there on I am going to fly to my house. I just want to see what is there.

Or is this not the case?

It has (I think) nearly every airport known, but a majority of them are “generic” airports that don’t match the layout/architecture. There are specfici mods and dlc you can buy to get it be the actual airports themselves.

1 Like

And the cities themselves? Surely they haven’t fully modeled my little “insignificant” hometown in the game? I’m definitely going to test it though.

If it’s on Bing Earth/Maps, it’s here.

They pull the satellite data.

1 Like

Oh my, oh my.