Flight Simulator [OT] See that mountain over there? You can crash into it!

Dunno, sry.

Got it working :slight_smile: If anyone else has a similar issue where they preloaded the digital ownership file via Game Pass/Win Store and the handoff keeps pointing to Gaming Services, just uninstall the 1 GB placeholder for Flight Sim and reinstall. Hopefully that will help another player down the line.

Is the 90gb patch in addition to the 150gb game?

90gb download. the 150gb is the install size + the caching for cloud data.

2 Likes

Thanks, I had to delete and then reinstall for it to work. 60GB to go before I’m flying over Bath!!

1 Like

Just I stalled this to try out before going to bed and I’m actually surprised how well it runs. Insane how it takes up 16GB of memory though! I’ve only seen that much usage when editing 4K videos. Can’t wait to dive in more tomorrow.

1 Like

Don’t see a new build yet.

Did you find a way to get the game to run by now?

Lofoten (Norway) This Game is stunningly beautiful. Crazy :heart_eyes:

This one should be the Mount Everest.

And New York…

4 Likes

In general I am too, though this is the first game to make me truly realize how my Vega 48 isn’t necessarily built for the best…

After the initial drag of downloading the game finally played some today. Boy oh boy do I need a PC upgrade. Bring on the Series X version

Viva Las Vegas:

1 Like

I only got to check this out briefly last night after the data completed downloading, but holy smokes this is just as amazing as people are saying! It is honestly probably the most next gen type feeling for me when checking out a game that I can ever remember. I REALLY want this on Xbox Series X so that I can casually fly the world on my big screen TV :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A very inspiring thread about Flight Sim from Rami Ismael.

1 Like

Game of the generation for me. I can’t get enough of it. It’s not for everyone though. Can’t wait to see how this game grows.

1 Like

I have little interest in flying, hell, even in Battlefield and the likes it’s the part I like the least. But I’m in awe at the technical marvel that this game is. Such a fantastic use of satellite data while still mantaining great graphics and low loading times. Asobo Studios seem to have some incredibly talented technical folks, because this is one of the most stunning things I ever played.

This game needs more love!

Zermatt/Switzerland with the Matterhorn (aka Mt. Toblerone)

Maledives

Insider Build 20197 is out, hopefully this’ll solve the non-install problem. Will let you guys know as soon as I got it.

PSA for Windows Insider: 20197 solved it for me! Finally installing…

Edit:

Is anyone here playing with resolution scaling? I’d love to have a look at your UserCfg.opt if so. I need to edit mine by hand, and would like to have a reference…

2 Likes

Game of the Year, right here.

2 Likes

I need to finish building my new computer before I can play this. So far I have the case. That’s a start, right? :thinking: