Flight Simulator [OT] See that mountain over there? You can crash into it!

I can’t get the game to run. The launcher installs without a hitch, then I’m greated with this screen:

Already resetted store and xbox app, still no dice.

I’m on Win 10 Pro Insider Preview, if this makes any difference.

I think I remember someone telling me that the game doesn’t install correctly on the Windows Insider build. :confused: I hope they fix it soon so ppl in the Insider Program can play.

Oh fu… Thanks for clearing it up tho, I was getting really frustrated.

Edit: Just found this in the blog under known issues for 20190

“We’re working on a fix for an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.”

I hope that’s it - and that they work fast…

50k people are currently downloading the 90GB patch^^

My key takeaways:

• The Installation is a nightmare

• The game is a delight

• I grinned ear to ear regularly

• The detail in the urban environments is unsurpassed. The detail in the rural environments/ecosystems is amazing. Suburban environments less so (noticeable pop in road textures and odd equivalences).

• Game looks amazing from a distance, great up close in airports and cities, decent up close otherwise with blurry textures even on high. That said, unless you crash or use the drone, you will not see 99% of this. The game is otherwise a fucking stunner.

• I’m able to get 30-40fps on High at FHD, Single Digits on Ultra. I have 16GB Ram, an SSD, the new Ryzen 4000 series and an Nvidia 2060RTX Max Q. I don’t see this happening on One (X) but may be wrong

• This will blow minds on Series X. Even at 30fps it is so well optimized it feels like 60.

• Casual mode is great and controller support rock solid. Just make menus a bit easier with it and this is Series X ready (pre optimization)

1 Like

yes am one of them lol

Yep, I’m waiting for a new Insider build to fix this. Otherwise I’d install dual OS lol.

I’m not. I play it with Game Pass Ultimate But damn I need to get into this game.

Got 20190 just yesterday - hope there’ll be a hotfix, and we don’t have to wait for the next build.

Installing now. Wonder if my cpu will break down. lol.

Guess there would a new build tomorrow, as Insider team publish on dev branch weekly now.

Oh nice, crossing my fingers!

Is there an option to select a short keyboard with no numblock? I don’t want to change all the keys, those are millions. Or should I use a controller?

Achievements are live

servers getting hammered? can’t seem to finish downloading the bulk of the game

Currently on Build 18262.0 and every time I attempt to launch the game, I’m taken to the Store to install Gaming Services… which I already have. Juggling work from home but wanted to just start the download for the patch and haven’t been able to bypass this. Ideas?

I loaded up the game and all I get is a screen with a black bar, partially blue that hasn’t moved at all for hours. No HDD space has been taken either?

18262 is not an insider build, right? These are all over 19xxx by now.

Right, that’s why I was a bit confused. Turns out, the tried and true uninstall/reinstall for Flight Sim fixed the issue and I’m now downloading all 90 GBs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good! Otherwise you can always try the manual Windows Store reset.

1 Like