First 45mins of Returnal

Yeah I assume they have metrics to show how many people splurge on Digital deluxe versions with next to no added “value”. Its a shame as I do believe a more varied pricing “spectrum” is better overall.

Still looks cool.

Lol. What do you expect when you keep trying to “gotcha” me without even aknoledging what im saying, its pretty annoying and im not just going to accept when somone is incorrect. Its nothing personal though.

Honestly I think people actually look at the price of a game and it’s below the “normal” price they think it’s of lesser quality or a smaller game so having the price static will stop people thinking that even on the smaller games. It’s kinda shitty to price a game $70 if it’s a AA 10hr game compared to a AAA 100 hour game but it makes people more likely to buy the smaller game if it’s the same price as the bigger game imo.

Obviously I can’t say for sure that’s how it works but I myself even get caught it that too, if I see a $30 game I think oh it must be on the short end of the amount of time i’ll get out of it. It’s dumb I know but it’s just how I think sometimes.

1 Like

70$/80€ is such a head scratcher.

3 Likes

Yeah thats an argument I’ve seen

I guess it comes down to the market in the end, and what makes the conversation about Value so uninteresting to me at the moment, is that we don’t have the game yet, its possible it catches the zeitgeist and shows itself to be worth the price of entry much like playing Animal Crossing at launch or Dark Souls, to be part of that initial buzz and excitement can be worth it for some. possibly it reflects it price well, possibly not. Im sure we will see soon enough.

Certainly the increase has for me moved the game (and others) from impulse to “wait and see” but if it is good and its for me, an extra 10 euro is not so much

1 Like

This is completely fine too, I do think the hype around Returnal is from more than just the game itself honestly. I think it’s down to the game being good, but also because we’re in a drought of games and this is the first new PS5 exclusive. So having a wait and see approach is a good move for this game.

1 Like

I definitely think this helped Outriders as well. When you’re the only new thing happening for a few weeks you tend to get a lot more attention.

2 Likes

I was intrigued by the premise, Sci Fi, time loop, rogue likeish, the spooky. But I am notoriously terrible at games, so was prepared to sack it off as it would be too “twitch”. I’m surprised at the good response so far TBH People saying its generous RE accuracy, hip fire is fine, and its tricky but not “terribly so”.

And its Housemarque who always seem to do great when it comes to actually playing a game. Like you say the buzz is probably a mix of how good it is, the thirst and maybe its just time for something flashy and arcadey.

1 Like

It only use RTGI.

Can’t be identified with the analysis because non RT version doesn’t exsits.

1 Like

It would be hard to identify on console exclusive because theres no way to compare, but im sure it would still show a level of indirect bounced lighting that would be very hard to do ising baked solutions.

And that analysis could be wrong. Unless someone has access to the source code, or the developers behind the game, every one of these types of analysis is mostly educated guess work. I’m speaking from experience here and that goes for this user, NX Gamer, DF, everyone.

So let’s not be needlessly aggressive with people that don’t agree with you. Disagreements and discussions are at their best when respect is kept.

Thanks.

Ive already aknoledged that the video did not have all info. And im completely perplexed by any accusations of agression, I said “come on now, keep up” because I mean it, yes it was a bit cute but it is rather anoying when somone is trying to “call me out on somthing” Ive already aknoledged, and its not like its some big deal, it an easy mistake to make considering the analysis does not mention the inclusion of ray tracing.

Also whats up with this sarcastic response?

Thanks for link. Looks like a decent third person shooter. Actually looks a little better to me than the launch trailer. But I dunno about that $70 price tag. If it’s was 50-60 I’d probably get it. But $70 is a steep price for something like this I feel. I’ll probably wait for a price drop or the eventual PS+ addition to play it. But I’ll definitely keep it in my radar now.

1 Like

The gameplay design and the environmental design clash horribly in this game. Shame since both look great in their own right, but why bother with a richly detailed, atmospheric and eerie environment if ya don’t actually explore it because you’re character is darting around at high speeds the whole time?

1 Like

To me it looks like a $40 game. There’s no reason why they couldn’t have it run on PS4 either, I’ll definitely pick it up on sale though. It’s nowhere near a $70, I’m already having a hard time justifying $60 with Game Pass.

1 Like

It’s really sad how Sony is kind of killing their studio’s game like this with such an awful decision of price hiking. The game seems to be charting very badly.

2 Likes

I’m rooting for this game. Much like Demon Souls kind of brought that Castlevania feel to the 3D AAA space, I feel like Returnal has some potential to do something similar for bullet hell and Rougelites. Maybe not to the same level as to what Miyazaki could accomplish…but at least similarly in terms of bringing things that feel 2D to 3D AAA. This is something different. One of the first videogames that I remember was playing Robotron with my Dad at the arcade. Been a fan of twin stick shooters ever since. Really fell for the Roguelite genre after Dead Cells last gen. No reason to root against Returnal…except for the price.

4 Likes

The number of effects and polycount of enemies/tentacles is a step up from last gen, it has me excited for the next gears game.

Its rather interesting that Returnal is like a current gen game but with more effects and higher poly complex enemies inserted in.

If u look at this gears 5 scene, while the environments and character model is of similar quality, returnal has a lot more going on in terms of effects and higher poly enemies.

However i do remember more crazy moments in gears 5(then in the video above) with more effects and enemies on screen.

You seem very eager to point out how last gen Returnal is.

But what if I told you…you haven’t seen all of the game?

Also, you might as well prepare yourself for positive review scores that don’t harp on how it doesn’t look next gen enough, because just as it was with Miles Morales, and Sackboy’s Adventure, ultimately the most important factor in a review is whether or not the game is good.

Pls stop being defensive like that. It’s ok to disagree with someone. Move on.

3 Likes