Final Fantasy VII: Remake Rumour

Yep it was confirmed that a PS4 version was coming before the exclusivity period ended.

http://news.cheatcc.com/articles/398941

"Rest easy, Tomb Raider fans: Rise of the Tomb Raider is still slated to release for PS4 this year. In a Q&A on the official Square Enix forums, Crystal Dynamics reaffirmed that the PS4 version is on the way. The post is succinct, and simply reads, “As stated previously, Rise of the Tomb Raider’s PlayStation 4 release is set for Holiday 2016.”

I think it’s Sony’s policy on all 3rd party timed exclusivity deals to not talk about the Xbox version until the exclusivity period ends, they have done this before (with Crash Trilogy for example) and they are doing it again with FF7 Remake.

1 Like

Hmmm, I see.

Well SE, get the fuck on it and announce it already then. Unless Sony and SE have a rule in place in this deal that means they cannot talk other platforms until after the exclusivity. I guess that’s possible?

Υeah it seems that Sony has a policy like that for all timed exclusives, as if moneyhatting the games wasn’t enough…and this is another reason why I won’t give Sony my money this generation.

1 Like

Good point. We indeed have no idea about FF16 for other platforms. Same with Kena and a few others.

1 Like

In the end it’s all sales that are still available to be made on other platforms.

Unless Sony paid big money for it, it would be stupid to keep the game from those plataforms willingly

I think it’ll come, as its success is guaranteed. This isn’t a FF Type-0 release, where they essentially just chucked out a HD port of a several years old, fairly well received, PSP game, it’s a proper remake of one of the most popular games of all time. Square-Enix would be dumb to think it wouldn’t sell well.

What could hold it up though, is them actually making a current-gen version, as opposed to just releasing a BC one.

They did it because they where hammerd by the press and gamers.

SE finally brought Dragon Quest to Xbox, something I thought was never going to happen. More and more Japanese games are coming to Xbox, it would make zero sense to skip such a huge game as FF7R. And again, we know it’s timed on PS platforms. So at worst it will only also be for PC (fuck, that would suck!!!) but Xbox HAS to be in the cards.

4 Likes

Square made a good effort to bring over most if not all of their FF catalogue so Im hopeful even tho I beat the game on ps4 already.

I have stopped giving Sony any money after PS3. To be honest I don’t like the fact they keep everything to their plastic box when they could make a killing by opening up to PC as well and they have very bad (almost nonexistent unless you count PSNow) backwards compatibility with their older generations of system. MS has been making all the right move when it comes to being pro consumer and to me that is worth supporting and I’m willing to give up on a few games like uncharted and god of war if the way the company works goes against what I feel is the right thing to do.

1 Like

They talked about the game coming to PS4 in July 2016, about 4 months before release.

I played and beat this on ps4 pro last year. It was my first time playing FFVII. If this rumor is true and an enhanced edition is coming to the Xbox family I might double dip if the sequel uses this version save file to move forward.

It feels like it’s been out for well over a year. Ugh I just hope April comes soon so this shitty exclusivity deal ends already.

Wish we got some transparency from someone from Xbox/SE on this. Would love to play this game on Xbox

Yeah, let’s hope they actually start talking right away. It’s been long enough. One thing is for sure, it will come to another platform or two. PC seems a sure shot but I would say Xbox too. FFXV came to Xbox as well after all.

1 Like

I feel like every big final fantasy eventually comes to Xbox in the end. 14 is the outlier but it being an online game possibly complicates that. I’m confident Remake is coming.

1 Like

14 is coming at some point according to Phil. But that was around two E3’s ago?

I think that was announced during or shortly after XO19.

1 Like

You’re probably correct, I just remember it being a while back.

Its going to come, Square just put Dragon Quest on Xbox for the first time so anyone who thinks Square and Xbox have some kind of rocky relationship needs to get their head examined, specifically Jez who has a pretty shoddy track record.

2 Likes