Final Fantasy 16 Weird Timed Exclusivity Deal

Sorry, you should kiss your goodbye to every mainline FF on Xbox. I assume the same for SH2. I think Sony’s strategy is PS exclusive, after that multiplatform EXCEPT Xbox.

MS has already told CMA that Final Fantasy VII Remake cannot be released on Xbox. This is because Sony has signed a “Xbox exclusion” agreement with some third-party publishers for several games including FF VII Remake.

1 Like

Just go to Capcom throw funds at them and they will provide you a good game.

That “Xbox exclusion” shit is a wild read on so many levels. Why would any publisher even agree to such a thing? WTF is Sony to dictate what platforms games from devs they don’t even own go to. Just…wow! Not a peep from the gaming media on this at all?

2 Likes

“Xbox exclusion” damn they playing very dirty tactics.

I think FF16 Medieval setting is actually good. People want more of that.

Probably another “Xbox Exclusion” contract from them.

Ms need to throw the hammer on sony now. These are gutless spineless deals

And to think you had the entire media and cma talking about bethesda games not coming to playstation. That can all go to hell now.

1 Like

Sony is basically Nintendo back in the 80’s and early 90’s. Anti competitive as fuck, but they didn’t put a gun to Square Enix (and others)heads to make them take these deals . Would love to see this kinda shit backfire completely. (I know it won’t)

1 Like

Nintendo got huge taste of their own medicine. Hopefully same thing happens with Sony.

It’s always happened and all corps look to do deals. I’ll be loving it if Xbox looked to do deals as it used to back in the old days when it looked to have Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Ninja Gaiden 2 on their systems 1st.

I miss the Team Xbox that looked to have deals with the likes of Fromsoftware, SEGA back in the old days. It just seems all MS wants to do these days is delay games and buy studios.

They really should, Phil is playing to nice. We will see after this ABK deal, Phil said he always wanted more Japanese Dev’s / Pub’s. If ABK deal somehow fails, i expect Xbox to go at Sony, they not getting away with it this time.

If it’s “Xbox exclusion” apparently everything is fine and dandy but if it’s Playstation exclusion all hell breaks loose. The hypocrisy in this industry is astounding. lol

@anon85340516 I don’t know if Capcom would accept such a deal but I would love to see Xbox work with Capcom and fund a new Onimusha or a Dino Crisis.

5 Likes

I see no reason why Capcom wouldn’t accept a deal if Xbox are funding it. They made deals with io interactive, Asobo before. Why not Capcom.

The very fact that square got some Capcom talent for ff16 shows the amount of talent in Capcom.

Capcom doesn’t necessarily need a check and knows its better for their IPs if their games are multiplatform.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think most Japanese publishers don’t need a checque because they know its better to be multiplatform. I can only think of Square and I guess Konami with SIlent Hill taking cheques. I don’t recall hearing Bandai Namco, Sega, or Capcom taking cheques to exclude platforms.

NIS is more on “should I” state as in unsure if they want to release it on Xbox unless they don’t have a requirement. I believe Koei is going to join on board with other franchises pretty soon. Atlus is now on board and Arc System is coming back pretty soon.

Square is likely to be mixed of choice and money. Money would be whenever you see a trailer with a tag that reads any deadline of exclusivity end. Konami, only Silent Hill 2 seems to be money because “Sony knows how to cater fans.”

1 Like

NIS doesn’t take deals, and I think they just skip xbox due to cost of porting

I forgot about Koei Tecmo, but they’re def a publisher if you show them the money then they will let you publish their games. I know Rise of Ronin is going to be exclusive, but I think Sony funded the game for them and it seems deal was in the works for awhile. Anyways, it seems there are 3 major Japanese publishers willing to take a bag if you fund it and you can either use it to your advantage or watch on the sideline. I do feel Koei Tecmo might be easing on that, but we’ll see

If Wo Long gets High on Life treatment, they will be gladly to come back with every games they have released already, no matter if they’re old. Look at Bandai with Ni no Kuni.

1 Like

They are still doing deals for Xbox first, they’re not doing Playstation exclusion deals with 3rd parties.

I’m talking about going to Capcom to develop a new game and ip. Just like they did with io interactive. Just like Sony did with team ninja a rise of the ronin.

Sitting around waiting for square is pointless.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don’t think Capcom has a need to utilize their resources on those types of deals though. They are a large/successful publisher and would likely rather use those resources on an IP that they own that they can try and grow and get to the widest audience.