Final Fantasy 16 Weird Timed Exclusivity Deal

Maybe you never know. Even if it comes out next gen it’s worth the investment.

Also a lot of Capcom sales come from pc. An Xbox developed third party exclusive won’t skip pc unlike Sony.

Had not seen it yet but it seems even SH2 Remake is a full exclusive? Lol. Good when Sony does it, but bad MS, right?

FF7R and 16 are never ever coming to Xbox, if there was any doubt. I wish the producer of 16 would have said no, but money talks, always.

For me that settles it 100%, if I want FF games, I’ll need the oversized router, it is what it is.

Even Microsoft will have understood that it is useless to deal with Square Enix. This is demonstrated by how their last japanese game released on Game Pass was Dragon Quest Builders 2 in may 2021 (this year Lightning Returns was released too, but I don’t include that because it is part of agreements made in 2019, when it was announced to X019).

Sony is a shitty company but at the end of the day, it’s just business for them

It’s Square that deserve to be shit on for these deals, they are the ones dumb enough to accept them

1 Like

What do you expect? They’re the one that send the western division out like they’re just pennies and blame on their home society for making gaming look bad.

1 Like

If the MS strategy is truly “let’s stop working with Square Enix” then I hope they have lots of other new JP partnerships planned for 2023 as it’s up to Xbox to remedy no longer receiving Square Enix games, whether that be through fixing the Square relationship or by bringing in new JP publishers who previously avoided Xbox.

1 Like

Nah, MS doesn’t need to fix any relationship especially considering SE will more than likely release big games on platform after 2023. Don’t confuse them not having any releases for 2023 for not having any planned releases further in the future.

They all do deals, to single out SONY or Square is silly IMO

I’ve been thinking? this is the first time i have heard of this “Exclusion deal”

Fucking Sony, lost all my respect. It’s one thing to do Exclusive/timed exclusive deal, but Exclusion deal? fuck off Sony.

They are literally spending money to block Xbox gamers from playing a game instead of paying to have a game exclusive only to them for a period of time. l hope Phil pulls shit like that too in the future (he probably wouldn’t but it could be so much fun) just to see the hypocrisy, the “outrage” (MS is stealing our games!) and the salt from the media. lol

1 Like