Fighting Games [OT] Fighting in the Emerald Streets (and Beyond)

EVO is coming back in a big way. You love to see it.

2 Likes

Methinks it’s going to be the Twins duking it out in the MK11 Grand Finals. That would be the, what, 3rd major this year?

1 Like

Well, I was half right :sweat_smile:. Nice to see new blood win what is, most likely, MK11’s last tournament on the main stage at EVO.

2 Likes

ROLLBACK ON DBFZ!!!

download

2 Likes

Rollback for DBFZ is great but I really, REALLY wish it also got crossplay too. It would’ve been great…

Since today is the last day for EVO im hoping we get a trailer for Dee Jay in SF6 if the old character leak is still correct. I like playing as him in 4 although im hardly that good with him lol. Really interested in the Abel looking lady too.

1 Like

DBFZ does not have crossplay?

I think just between the Xbox and Windows version.

Such a cool moment at evo

2 Likes

What does it mean?

Yeah, rollback and crossplay would be an excellent last patch, but after all this time, a decent online experience makes me so happy. About SF6, I hope we can see Juri, she need to make a comeback after SF5 :joy:

2 Likes

You’re in luck :wink:

Kimberly (new character) was leaked as well -

1f5228ee9e686e4195406b047d402893

1 Like

Since season 1 of the game everyone screamed together with cell intro, probably to hype the match or something like that. On season one this happened more frequently, since cell was a really good character, nowadays he still is, but he doesn’t appear that much because the meta of the game and other chars with more tools.

1 Like
6 Likes

Ok, first:

Congrats Knee! You deserved the win, finally.

Second:

MUTHAFRACKIN TEKKEN 8 TEASE!!!

Probably more to be revealed at The Game Awards because they tweeted it out.

1 Like

Tekken 8??? I cannot wait. T7 was the best fighting game last gen. Still no Upgrade which sucks

1 Like

Street Fighter had the hypest Top 8 I’ve ever seen! The dual Kimberly/Juri trailer was the cherry on top of an awesome night.

1 Like

They both look really awesome! The effects in this game look amazing.

The director also talks about their actual gameplay in the blog post as well, but here’s what he says about their designs.

KIMBERLY

Takayuki Nakayama: In terms of Kimberly’s design, we aimed to create an outfit suitable for her speedy and acrobatic movements since she excels in sports like track-and-field and cheerleading. Pair her brightly colored gi with sneakers suitable for moving around quickly, and you have Bushinryu-like ninja attire, don’t you think? We tried to make her hairstyle and outfit beautifully showcase her striking silhouette since she is an expert at running and airborne attacks. The spray can and portable cassette player on her waist are also used for special moves.

The music she listens to originates from a certain person, but you will have to wait for the story to find out who that is.

JURI

Takayuki Nakayama: For Juri, this costume retains the image from her Super Street Fighter IV one, but has been rearranged to fit the Street Fighter 6 aesthetic. There is also a change in the hairstyle, which I think gives it extra personality.

Underneath her jacket, black tape that imitates the appearance of a spider covers her body. The colors of her Feng Shui Engine are purple, black, and white, and accented with emerald green. Also, please pay attention to her helmet, as you may have seen in the trailer when she appears on her motorcycle, since it matches her design. Her smart phone also reflects her personality and style, don’t you think?

2 Likes

I swear if Guilty Gear strive doesnt get an xbox port during season 2 ill be heckin sad.

I want it soooo bad.

2 Likes

Visually this game looks amazing! But Street Fighter was never my jam unfortunately. Hope there will be a demo or something to try it out beforehand.

1 Like