Fighting Games [OT] Fighting in the Emerald Streets (and Beyond)

I’m hoping it leaked because they are planning to show off more of the game during IGN’s event (which had SFVI in its teaser the other day).

Ill tune in just for that hope that its there

1 Like

I wonder if with the new direction SF6 will finally rival MK in mainstream popularity. It seems it generates a lot of hype right now.

Coming out on every modern console might help.

When SFV came out…it was PS4 exclusive…bare bones and had an awful PC port.

The only thing that kept SFV relevant was the Evo scene.

What up with these Xbox Twitter community members putting Killer Instinct down. Seems like they are doing it just to get clout and numbers from the response.

2 Likes

Completely disagree with xCast Team, KI is far more popular than anyone think even with the darkest ages for Xbox the user base for the game hit 10M+

The FGC needs more diverse catalog not just: SF, KOF, Tekken and other couple more that’s why the market share is low compared to other genres.

“Who want KI?” It’s only a question can be find from someone not playing Fighting game.

4 Likes

Good from Parris

I think lots of famous gaming media people didn’t try KI, the game is something very different from any other Fighting Game and still find lots say it’s MK clone and should not be remain.

4 Likes

As if the legitimacy of the SFVI roster leak wasn’t obvious, Dee Jay is in the gameplay trailer sporting his new design -

2 Likes

So, Maximillian Dood is getting his hands on SFVi, Thursday.

2 Likes

Guile revealed -

CapGod at it again.

3 Likes

SF6 is looking good. Not huge into fighting games but i’d love to see a Def Jam Fight for game on current gen hardware. Had a blast with those games back in the day.

1 Like

I’m so happy Guile got a proper cinematic super after SF5, it’s so beautiful :sob:

2 Likes

So SF 6 will have character specific taunting.

2 Likes

That’s… Actually pretty rad.

1 Like

We finally have gameplay - Obviously very pro level stuff

2 Likes

Everyone seems to speak very highly of it. Maximillian compared it favorably to Third Strike, which makes me that much more excited. I am hoping for a Beta soon.

2 Likes

The floodgates have open

2 Likes

It’s very interesting how the Drive Gauge is for EVERYTHING (EX, Parry, Focus Attack, Dash Cancel, and even Stun) except Supers, which gets its own gauge. Like 3rd Strike, we’ll get EX moves into super again. I’m thinking there are going to be some big damage combos in VI.

3 Likes

The final vid I’ll post, I swear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - 2 hours of Max detailing EVERYTHING about the game’s combat system:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1554096623650832388?t=j8FEKhdiRhyHVQ1VYDgEIw&s=19

The “PlayStation Tournaments: EVO Lounge” live stream at EVO 2022 will feature “exciting content and reveals” from developers and publishers including Arc System Works, Bandai Namco, Capcom, SNK, and Warner Bros. Games, organizer Sony Interactive Entertainment announced. You will be able to watch it from August 5 to 6 on YouTube and Twitch.

EVO 2022 will run from August 5 to 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Competition streams will be held throughout the weekend, alongside streams from publishers and developers. Visit the EVO events page for more information. The streams for different tournaments and title events will be available on YouTube and Twitch.

Im not sure if the PlayStation EVO Lounge is the same thing as the EVO Showcase (I don’t think it is), but i’ll also post this here as well.

https://www.evo.gg/news/2022/2022-08-03-Friday-Showcase/

This year, Evo is welcoming developers, publishers, players, personalities, and more to our mainstage on Friday, August 5th. We’ve got panels, exhibitions, interviews, trailers, reveals, a concert, and more starting at 10am PDT. Hype moments and announcements can happen right from the jump, so be sure you’re in the Exhibit Halls at Mandalay Bay early to watch live or tune in at home at Twitch.

In the EVO link, it has times for when a few announcements are scheduled. Announcements for Guilty Gear -Strive-, The King of Fighters XV, Street Fighter 6 and Skullgirls. They will also give time to showcase some fighting games being made by indie developers.

2 Likes