Fighting Games [OT] Fighting in the Emerald Streets (and Beyond)

I can’t believe it’s been 35 years. Well, let’s hope it’s around for 35 more

3 Likes

Jeeze time flies

1 Like

It really does.

1 Like

So, yeah, Mortal Kombat Trilogy is available on GOG now. Out of nowhere :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

It would’ve been neat if they went forward with those HD remakes and we got digitized actors again.

23as 12 (1) 16as (1) 03ki

When reading about this I found out that the actor who would’ve played Kung Lao is the son of the actor who played Kung Lao in the old games. Just thought it was cool lol.

3 Likes

Max has a crazy theory…

https://youtu.be/e9Xzy3ltuMM

I would want that if only for meltdowns

Came here to post this but I think Max may be onto something. We know SOMETHING is happening with KI right?

Well we know MS wants to do KI… and maybe they are looking for studios? Cause they apparently dont want to build their own?

1 Like

It is relatively hard to build a studio like this in the first place.

Oh I fully understand that. But if youbwatch the ki documentary ken lobb (i think) mentions forming a studio was on the cards before they locked on iron galaxy for season 2.

1 Like

I think so. I just hope they pick the right studio. They might have already one working on it.

1 Like

I want them to use photogrammetry for the next one. Scan all actors with basic garments and add all the rest in game to support many options. Scan all backgrounds.

2 Likes

I’m so happy to see Them’s Fightin’ Herds coming to xbox with full crossplay and rollback. Hope to see more games on the crossplay train.

3 Likes

This may seem random but I’ve been seeing people suggest MS should release the next KI (if there is one) on playstation.

And I just want to say, stop smoking dope. That’s a horrible idea.

2 Likes

I really wish more games where play anywhere…

Would be nice to play on pc as well… guess ill buy it twice maybe…

1 Like

KI had 10m a couple of years ago. On XBox One. KI will fine with Game Pass and Xbox ecosystem.

1 Like

Im not the biggest fan of MK but looking at the behind-the-scenes stuff for the old games is so interesting. In the Twitter thread Ed talks about how Jax was originally going to be the seventh character in MK1, but his name was going to be Stryker. They wanted a lady fighter in the game though so they created Sonya to take his place.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like