Fallout 76 passes 11 million players, made BGS much better developers in the end / Fallout TV show "moving ahead"

Pours one out for the beauty that could have been Anthem…

That’s been my experience and my wife’s as well, and we try to return the favor to new players any chance we can. That goes for anyone in the community too; if you need a sherpa, some supplies, or any other kind of help in the game just hit me up and I’ll be happy to assist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Minor update on this: I finished off my New Vegas replay and am currently - and to my great surprise - loving Fallout 4. There are several factors that made me able to enjoy it this time after having a negative first experience when it came out but all that aside, I’m glad I decided to give it another shot. I still don’t like the base-building but the mechanical changes they made are interesting and rewarding. I’m level 110 now and about to start the last DLC.

Much more open to 76 now though I still have reservations. I appreciate the perspectives from the people with experience, like @Knottian, @javycane, and @outrigued (and possibly others, I’m too lazy to look for more)

So deep in a FO hole, and went from 28 to 42 and still playing. There is still the moonwalkimg enemies and a few bugged quests but I leapt straight into actual quests rather than just exploring and doing enviromental stuff I come across. (Which is how I usually play the games) the NPCs really make a difference now they exist and halfway through my second ally questline.

Im currently doing a stealth build and having fun. You cant kill what you cant see poof!

2 Likes

I’ve never really thought myself to be someone with OCD, but…

How do you live with all of those quest trackers on your screen?!?

Because my OCD cannot cope with just how awful I find the menus in the game. Its only gotten worse the more scrap and building stuff they had added to the series, so I play it like I play my MMO’s, So I’m not trying to go back and forth checking misc. main or side quests I leave up my main ones I fancy trying in a session should I end up in nearby while doing my main questing. If I am just exploring without agenda I have them all turned off. Though I find just exploring not quite as rewarding in terms of drops/caps as questing.

Good god though the pip boy as a menu was almost fine in FO3 but its just a omnishambles now :smiley:

I played a lot more F76 over Fallout 4, I had more fun conversing with Fallout fans over voice chat over the entirety of entertainment I got out of Fallout 4.

Some of these Fallout fans be arguing over lore stuff in comms and its just really funny. Pretty good game to play nowadays and its got some really beautiful viscerals, I prefer playing F76 over Sea of Thieves if I’m playing with a good group of people.

Fair enough. I personally only focused on one story quest at a time, even though the quests sometimes have you traversing all over. Just easier for me that way.

I don’t mind the menu of the game but I think its problems are exacerbated by the fact that you can’t pause. I recommend mapping a lot of stuff to your quick menu on the d-pad. I also remapped some of the controls, for what it’s worth. I’m a “jump button on A” kind of guy. Pip-boy was on B, reload was X, and Y was something I really never had to use. More comfortable for me that way. Crouch was on RS click, I think.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game. It’s not amazing, but it’s just good fun to explore Appalachia.

Are there any guides for the game? I built a camp but I cannot figure out how to place doors. I agree that the menus in this game are crazy, it’s the biggest barrier I run across is figuring out how to access stuff or where to find what I am looking for.

I didnt get on with the crafting/building in 4, partially cos it was a faff, mostly because aesthetically it annoys me how in the main games how people who have living for decades in the bombed out shells of houses have never found 10 minutes to sweep the debris out of the corner or board up some windows.

I’ve barely built anything at all, except my simple base, I just browsed youtube to find a base like thing that wouldn’t take hours, I’ve never found anything specific to help aside from that. I’d be up for some good guides if anyone has recommendations.

A guide for getting ammo cheaply would help for example :smiley:

1 Like

LOOT EVERYTHING. That’s the best way to get ammo as a solo player. Otherwise, run Daily Ops in multiplayer. Or, visit other players’ camps and buy their cheapest ammo. There is a craftable ammo conversion machine but the ROI isn’t great. There are also a few perks that make crafting ammo more plentiful. Around your level, my main weapons were the bow, the hunting rifle, the shotgun, and a melee weapon, usually the baseball bat. I never felt I was hurting for ammo, but different playstyles can change that pinch, I suppose.

There’s a pretty decent scene for the game on YouTube. As for your door question, IIRC when placing walls, you want to press left/right on the D-pad to switch to the wall with door option, build/place that, then build your door, and it should slot in that opening. Let me know if that works. The menus can be a little clunky but I think it generally makes sense once you’ve settled in.

Woop! lvl 50. time to gather up all these treasure maps I have been hoarding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe @Knottian feels differently, but I didn’t bother with the treasure maps. The payouts just weren’t worth it.

Nope, treasure maps were a remnant from the initial launch and were still kept around as cache/item opportunities when you’re low level… after a certain point, they’re wholly a waste of time. Now with legendary weapon crafting, events/public events, daily ops, etc. there are simply more than enough opportunities for gear/items.

@Cerysnetics…if @Knottian and I are agreeing on it, then you know it’s true!

I would imagine you’re avoiding the multiplayer stuff, but honestly, that’s some of the easiest ways to gain XP/loot and make progress. The battle pass (if you can call it that) should be looked at, too. And don’t forget to claim your free items from the ATOM shop!

1 Like

well you and @outrigued certainly know how to spoil the fun of treasure hunting :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think of it more like “both saving you the trouble and pointing you in better directions”

1 Like

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

When I find the treasure of the Sierra madre you can’t have any :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s okay, I have my Hellcat Power Armor and 3-star gatling laser to shred you with…

Someone came to my shack and waved, did a heart and made me a “fixer” sniper the other day.

Im not sure what to concentrate on now, I am thinking the wastelander quests/BoS other than the lingering launch quests with robots and computers being the “NPCs” you eventually find.

1 Like