Fable Predictions and Discussion Thread

Yeah open worlds can get stale but we’ve never had one in Fable and I would love to see what innovations Playground brings to the table, maybe a Fable game with seasons like FH4? That’d be cool.

3 Likes

I think they are going to pull on the nostalgia strings and emulate Fable IIs wandering orb system. I expect the multiplayer mode of Fable to have a community as large and vast as Sea of Thieves or Forza Horizon

Now you’re talking. That would be great. Maybe we’d finally be able to plant that acorn. :slightly_smiling_face:

You know, I wrote that tongue in cheek, but as I think about it, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see them implement that. Just as a tip of the cap and a bit of a friendly joke at Molyneux’s expense.

3 Likes

Haha I hope Playground finally delivers on his ambitious promises :joy:

Honestly that was one of my first thoughts after FH4 came out, and especially seeing the screen at the end of the teaser I could absolutely see that being doable.

Ha, that would be awesome.

2 Likes

I think I’d prefer not to have random heros wandering around. They should do their best to make sure the multiplayer portions don’t negatively impact the single player game.

2 Likes

I could see an open-world as well, but with some more limited areas, pretty much like Fable 3.

I wan to see them graphics, I think PG won´t disappoint.

Btw, I really liked Fable Legends visuals: I hope the maintain the cartoony visuals and the vibrant colours.

Boggles my mind when people say they hope it’ll be a single player RPG. The Heroes Guild in Fable 1 is basically the Destiny Tower or every other MMO main city just before Xbox Live was around to make it a factor.

I’m 100% positive it’s going to have coop. 95% sure it’ll have various shared world features and I don’t think Raids are out of the question either.

Xbox has tons of single player RPGs coming. I seriously doubt Fable is coming back when they own Elder Scrolls and have at least one other fantasy RPG in the mix just because they see a big gap in the market for an RPG with some British humour. IMO Bethesda is going to do big expansive make your own adventure RPGs, Obsidian is going to make more focused RPG experiences and Fable is going to slot in as a more social, light hearted experience.

3 Likes

I definitely expect co-op, I don’t really want any shared world stuff though.

I think Fable has a job beyond being light hearted/social, it is filling the third person action RPG niche that games like Horizon slot into.

1 Like

It is not going to be MMO.

I personally just want that TLC experience where I go through the battle over the years and the world changes. That you cannot achieve in a shared world because in a shared world, there are no world changing events.

1 Like

I think it is very possible they will be incorporating some form of shared world experiences, with the ability to group up with other players at either the Heroes Guild or in Bowerstone/something along those lines.

I still think singleplayer will be the core experience at launch, but we have heard MMO-lite used to describe the game, and I think the above aligns with that and what Booty said about remaining with the heart of the franchise

1 Like

Indeed. IMO going out into the world and having meetings with other heroes …having disagreements, raiding their camps …joining up yo slay the dragon is what Fables all about.

1 Like

What?

What Fable is this lol

I’m in complete agreement. I think the perfect implementation would be to go the Division route. That was a fantastic way at incorporating both co-op and multiplayer, where both elements were very easy to avoid if you didn’t want it.

1 Like

If it were up to me I’d make it 100% SP, like Witcher 3 for example.

But I have no doubts that they will put co-op in here, and probably some other online elements too. It’s OK in my opinion, as long as the majority of the game is SP focused. Having co-op in there should not mean a lesser SP experience. We’ll have to see how it goes.

Again, Witcher 3. I don’t believe it would have been exactly the same had CDPR put in co-op as well. Won’t changes need to be made for dialogue and such?

Games like Dying Light, Borderlands and some others have shown that it can be done.

1 Like

I’ve never played a Fable game gasp… And I’ve had Xbox Live now going on 18 years. I can’t bring myself to play the older ones as the world just seems so empty and devoid of life compared to the likes of the Witcher 3.

I’d gladly settle for a single player only Fable. I don’t really need a Co-op companion in an openworld fantasy RPG, it’ll just dumb down the difficulty.

I still love Fable TLC. It does not need alive world as the game is pretty much linear.

The areas you play in are empty due to the hardware constraints of the time.

Do they need to be full though? They are pretty linear anyway - you move forward, defeat enemies or walk around the cities. Pretty much traditional RPG.