Everwild completely rebooted and targets 2024 - Gregg Mayles has taken over the project

High Five Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Lol I don’t even know what thread I’m in.

I thought I posted all this in the XGS thread.

Alright. First this is very disrespectful to the developers and second it’s also complete nonsense. I don’t know where to begin…

1 Like

I acknowledged Sea of Thieves. But my point is what have they done outside of that? Who knows, MS has a ton of One Franchise Studios. If Sea of Thieves can maintain a double-digit million userbase, maybe they become the Sea of Thieves studio.

Rare has had Sea of Thieves that has been played by 20 million. Prior to that, they were one of the developers that made kinect an insane add on.

They may mess around here and there, but they are a hugely successful studio.

1 Like

Same here. It was gorgeous and I am sure they have art assets lying around that they can use.

2 Likes

Rare is the Sea of Thieves studio, and they also have the right to work on other franchises. Then you could also criticize Epic for doing only Fortnite and I don’t see anybody calling them the Fortnite studio. Or even Activision as a whole since they put all their studios on COD now.

I think reboot is a strong word because Im sure the scope of the game has changed and they are reshuffling. Its not like they are gonna throw everything out.

Very interesting how some leadership at Rare didn’t want combat in the game, and that left people stumped.

2 Likes

How can a game be rebooted when theres nothing to reboot. Judging by reports what the game was, was still undecided. This change seems to be done to speed up progress.

That’s an interesting discussion of what “combat” really means.

Like Tetris wouldn’t be considered to have combat, but would something like Mario?

You could just OVER the enemies yes, but by actively jumping onto them, you are defeating them, thus engaging in basic combat.

That’s a discussion right there.

What is combat in video games? Can most video games be combatless if the objective is to win the game?

What is life ?

What is love?

To me it shows how used we are to violence in our video games.

8 Likes

Bay don’t hurt me, okay I stop !

1 Like

That’s true, in nearly every video games out there, you have some form of fight.

You all know I’m readng this thread right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent point.

When they mentioned that they didn’t want the game to have any combat, I had to pause and think of any adventure style games that have zero combat.

That would be original in itself to not have any combat. i wonder how things will change with Gregg Mayles now.