Everwild completely rebooted and targets 2024 - Gregg Mayles has taken over the project

That is some YouTube with a nonsensical thumbnail type stuff.

3 Likes

Haha, I can picture it.

Take the time needed to come up with a great game. If this was some years ago, I would have had some worries. This time though Xbox has so many studios that missing out on this for some time is not the huge hit it might have been prior.

2 Likes

We got a little further away from a Banjo sequel, didnā€™t we?

1 Like

I would literally not be surprised if some of the Twitter/Youtube trolls have infiltrated this placeā€¦

2 Likes

Not if Microsoft secretly acquired Playtonic/Playful and had Rare supervise!

Or Mayles reboots it into Banjo-Kazooie: Everwild

Worst takeā€¦

6 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing controversial about this take outside of people living off of 90ā€™s nostalgia. They couldnā€™t even do Killer Instinct, that had to be given to a 3rd party. Perfect Dark is being done by The Initiative.

What has Rare done outside of Sea of Thieves? Honestly. With 23 talented studios (and more to come), Rare is expendable. They were spared because it was slim pickings as far as first party studios. But I think itā€™s time to gut them and spread the talent between MS other stuidos.

Unleash your power and ban him!

2 Likes

So, this is an entirely hypothetical point right? Your point is; ā€˜ā€˜If Rare hadnā€™t made Sea of Thieves they shouldā€™ve been merged with Playground Gamesā€™ā€™

But they did make Sea of Thieves.

3 Likes

Oh my god. So one of the studios that gave Xbox one of the most successfull and creative IP the previous gen should be absorbed just because a new project didnā€™t pan out the way they wanted ?

Just no. It happens more often than we think, especially with creative new games that want to do things differently.

I did not even place any blame on EA lol. All I said is that Microsoft is giving the project a chance to be fully realised while EA did order the game out in one year and that is just a fact, but I can understand how EA could have run out of patience.

1 Like

I just hope they keep the art style because that is what made the game look interesting imo

3 Likes

I really love this fact that while insightful, it shows how much of a non-story this is with everything coming.

Like even OtherERA doesnā€™t seem to really give a shit.

2 Likes

Because it is not as important as it would have been once.

1 Like

The Playground games statement was just a separate idea.

My main point is that itā€™s probably a good time to take barrel of burning money that we call Rare, shut it down and invest in studios with proven talent. I have no idea what MS books looks like, but maybe they have Playground and Rare as the same line item on the balance sheet and it doesnā€™t matter what they do. I have no idea. But in terms of output, Rare is like the Dallas Cowboys of developers. A mediocre team thatā€™s popular due to past heritage.

And you fucking love to see it.

High five!

Okay, Iā€™m really getting the impression you hate Rare with a passion.

:sweat_smile: I can just picture it now.