Dirt 5 Series X gameplay and impressions are out! (Updated with Digital Foundry - top video)

Bruh WTF is this

this is next gen console then ask for game made in mind for this console

the gameplay from next gen game doesn’t have to be a launch title

2 Likes

Yep this the kind of shit we DON’T wanna see. Halo gameplay had this exact problem, atrocious pop in two feet away from the ground and world detail tessellation happening over time when you switch back from the map screen, etc.

This inadvertently leads the general public to believe that the compromises made for attaining 120fps might as well not be worth it and the novelty of them to be exactly that - an overblown novelty.

The graphics are completely fine, it’s these things that are a bummer tbh because this is not some game running on BC, it’s a game truly optimized for these next gen consoles. Now even though the game shall suffer the same exact problems on ps5, it’s Xbox that shall be tainted with this because it is what is representing the power of Series X at the moment, however unfortunate that is and opportunistic for fan boys online waiting to hop on the hate train and derailing discourse once again.

2 Likes

Absolutely a mistake to start the marketing gameplay campaign with Dirt 5. I would have went with ACV or something else. I’m sure if MS had gameplay ready of a next gen exclusive they sure as hell would have shown it, but that’s not the case.

At the same time the preorders have happened, people want the system. So the “need” to show gameplay that truly shows off the power isn’t all that badly needed. And it isn’t all on MS either, maybe Ubi just doesn’t have ACV gameplay ready just yet, or CDPR with Cyberpunk.

Personally I care zero percent for negative media and fanboys, but I do hope we get to see something truly interesting soon now.

2 Likes

Look fun but visually nothing still beat Forza Horizon which on top of that is an Open World Racing Game.Very very poor showing for Dirt 5. Microsoft still doesn’t have their “now that’s nextgen” moment for the Series X (except Hellblade 2). They really need to pick carefully what they show or they will burn themselves like with Halo Infinite…

2 Likes

Wonder how it’s gonna look on PS5!

Better or worse🤔

It’ll look exactly the same if not a tad worse.

But they will never get the brunt of this because they’ve already shown many first party games that look great alongside third party stuff as well. It’s Xbox suffering from an absolutely barren first party having to rely soooo much on these third parties to be ready to show their stuff only for it to look like this and end up portraying their whole power narrative in a bad light.

Funnily enough, the Spiderman Remastered 60fps gameplay had pop in as well but Sony is so good at just masking all of that cuz they had an impressive showing of other games like Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls which just suck the air out of any concern trolling regarding what the console can do visually. So at the end of the day, it’s not about the power of the plastic box, it’s what the devs are doing with it, just like it has always been. Just hope the 60fps mode on Dirt 5 has absolutely no pop in and frame drops, cuz even as a pc player myself kind of used to playing 120fps on many games, yeah that 120fps mode on Dirt 5 just ain’t it.

3 Likes

It would make zero sense if it looks better on PS5. Cmon now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SSD might help with some pop ins.

But yes, zero sense for better.

1 Like

This is Forza Horizon 4, a visual feast.

It shows you how insanely talented PG studios devs are. Damn wizards! Imagine Forza Horizon 5…

1 Like

Depends on the developer

Cannot wait to see how Fable will look!

2 Likes

Imagine FH 5 in Japan

tenor (1)

2 Likes

I agree, but the issue is that Microsoft probably doesn’t have any 1st party gameplay to share, outside of what they’ve already shown, and thus they rely on 3rd party.

1 Like

They are showing what is ready in order.

3 Likes

My god the concern in this thread. You do know it is not the only games they will be showing… right ? Dirt 5 is not a graphical showcase that’s true, but it is a game that MS had marketing rights with. So of course, they would be showing gameplay of a preview build that is actually running on true preview hardware. There are gonna be others games shown too on the console, it is not launching tomorrow and there are a lot more content coming.

It wouldn’t even surprised me if they ended up with AC Valhalla and WD Legion to be honest. Better to finish with that than with Dirt 5 to be honest.

3 Likes

I don’t know why people can’t understand that.

And also that this isn’t some massive MS plan. The games get through cert when they do and the publishers decide when to show them off. This just happened to be first. And it looks exactly how it looked when it was shown before…

2 Likes

Yeah, it was never meant as a gaphical showcase like the previous ones, and judging the hardware just on this game is a bit… off.

As much as I believe that 60fps and 120fps is the future, these dont sell consoles to the masses.

Pretty visuals do play a large part in the early stages to people excited for Next gen and thats where sony is ahead.

Xbox Series X hasnt showcased the power yet. Spider man, Ratchet , Deamon souls looked more Next Gen regardless of resoultion or framerates

Lame all the complaining of the 120 fps mode. Of course some of the graphics have to be scaled back. Also seeing Sony fanboys dunk on this as some narrative, the PS5 version is going to look worse so they really should chill.

I do t have a 120 fps tv so for me the 4k uncapped mode is what I’ll be playing and those videos look really good.

2 Likes