Did Halo Infinite's Delay impact your decision about getting Xbox Series X day 1?

Nope. I don’t purchase consoles for a single game.

1 Like

@XBruh

btw the poll is really weirdly sentenced. I assume some have voted for No but were meaning they will still get it day 1 …

just sayin’

I was never getting it day 1 and if I did it wouldn’t be solely for Halo Infinite. I’ll pick up the console probably early next year, I usually do this.

What I don’t really get is why they are so hard on launching the console this year. I mean what’s the problem with waiting for Halo next year and still launch together?

Same. My backlog is embarrassingly long. I’m really looking forward to minimal load times and graphics/performance improvements to that backlog.

Also, the wife loves couch co-op Diablo-esque games and is looking forward to Ascent (as am I).

Nah it’s disappointing having to wait for Halo but I’m mainly buying it for the best place to play 3rd party multiplats.

1 Like

I think delaying hardware is basically impossible, they can’t just sit millions of consoles in warehouses for 6 months while they wait for Halo to be ready, especially if that means missing the Christmas period and being beaten by their main competitor.

Why delay the launch when there are other games that are going to take advantage of the Series X hardware that will then miss out?

2 Likes

Wait the consoles are already being manufactured? I thought would start maybe a month earlier or something.

Still getting one ASAP, hopefully at launch. Give me the preorders already!

Phil Spencer has taken home a final retail unit so they’re definitely in production, I’m not sure on the volumes they’ll be producing at the moment, but even if they’re not in mass production just yet, they’ll have contracts in place, agreement to manufacture certain volumes by certain dates.

I see the only reason to delay the hardware would be if there a manufacturing or production delay.

1 Like

day one buy for me can not wait to get my hands on it

No matter what happens, I’ll be buying day one, just for the new tech smell alone!

I have a huge backlog of games I still want to play and also a couple of launch window games I’m interested in, like The Medium.

Even if it was only backlog games, I’d still want to play them the best way possible.

My One X I will move to my office then. Looking forward to play some games and have some beers with my partners and employees. :beers: :achievement:

2 Likes

For Now Yes but let me see the device in action then i decide if it’s day one or nah

I’m in day one. Not worried about Halo. It’ll come 'round. Plus there’s still plenty more games on the horizon that I’m looking forward to.

I want my Watch Dogs Legion in 4K (60fps?) and with RT. Will patiently wait for Halo.

Nah. I just wanna cut the load times in Destiny and Monster Hunter :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, hope the loading times on next-gen will be couple of seconds max.

Nope, I’m not really a Halo player. Not because I don’t like the game, I just have other stuff I play more. Now I probably am not a day one buyer anyway unless it is cheap. I’ll probably wait until things get ironed out and the initial rush for consoles is over.

We are entering a economic crisis so both sony and Microsoft are on a deadline to get these consoles out before the world gets deeper into a recession. Especially if they are going to cost $500+

Nope, I like Halo, but it has never been a system seller for me.