Did Halo Infinite's Delay impact your decision about getting Xbox Series X day 1?

I actually think some titles that would have been lost in the shuffle of Halo will get to shine, now that Halo is delayed. Titles like:

The Medium, Falconeer, Psychonauts 2, Crossfire X

To name a few

Psychonauts is 2021, so it could still be after Halo.

No, For me I think the QoL improvements are well worthy, especially considering that I’m still playing on my launch Xbox One.

I originally intended to be in day 1 just about no matter what, but now I think I’m only in day 1 if it’s $400, unless they get a megaton GP announcement for launch

Was never planning on getting one this year. Upgrading my PC instead as I’m on a 6700k/GTX1070, which has done me fine for the most part, but last year I upgraded to a ultrawide/144Hz monitor so it’s starting to show its age, especially with the new consoles having 8c/16t processors this time around.

I voted Yes, because I’m not sure anymore… I wanted to experience a Halo-launch of a console, that was the big thing. I will get one sooner or later but there is no longer that hype around launch. For me it’s more like a PC upgrade now, kinda meh and not really exciting.

However, if the price is low enough I might bite anyway.

Voted NO.

Was always going to buy Xbox Series X at some point but it wasn’t until Sony revealed the specifications for PlayStation 5 that the decision to go with Xbox Series X as my primary gaming console was made. I’m not loyal to any brand or company and simply go with what will be the better overall console for multi-platform games. Yeah, you read that right. Simply because, the vast majority of the games that I complete in every generation are multi-platform titles so I want them to look, run, perform and play the best they can.

When you factor in console exclusives from Microsoft’s first party studios and any other games that are not on PlayStation 5 whatsoever, Xbox Series X will be home to at least 90% of the games I buy, play and complete.

Halo Infinite getting delayed is a positive for me as I wasn’t going to play it until 343 Industries added Ray Tracing which was probably going to be a few months after launch anyway. Also, with a 13 game list for launch and trying to get to just a top ten list, I needed to eliminate a few games. I eliminated The Medium from my list and due to Halo Infinite getting delayed, im down to 11 games at launch with one more game to be eliminated at some point.

I am hoping that Microsoft/Spencer give 343 Industries a full year to truly make the game special. Native 4K, a locked 60FPS and Ray Tracing at launch with the multi-player being packed and running at a locked 120FPS. It would also line up with Halo’s 20th Anniversary and give Xbox Series X/Series S a blockbuster November 2021 title which is more important than launch anyway because the consoles are going to sell out regardless at launch.

I’m now expecting to have Halo Infinite in November 2021 as well as PlayStation 5 timed console exclusives in Godfall and Kena: Bridge of Spirits being available for Xbox Series X/Series S which means that I already have a damn good, if not great lineup of games for November 2021.

No bullshit but all of this couldn’t have worked out better for me even if I planned it myself. lol. :smile:

No because I believe that the ps5 is a terribly-designed console and its launch line up doesn’t interest me until something like the demon’s souls remake arrives so I’d rather play th enhanced forza horizon 4 and GOW5 than the ps5 launch games.(I was going to buy one of these two at launch). That doesn’t mean that I am not really disappointed at how unprepared MS is for the XSX launch, on the software front, which is a shame for such a great console.

Absolutely not

Game Pass, the new investment in 1st party and the platform in general are the reasons I’m getting the console. It’s an investment for me, buying the console for launch exclusives alone is absurd.

1 Like

My wife told me that a PS5 wasn’t an option because of the design, at least in the living room LOL.

Don’t want one for a long time anyway, XSX day one Halo or no Halo.

1 Like

Nope. I got XGPU until June 2022 and there’s quite a few launch games I am still interested in. Not to mention a bunch of games I want to replay on an SSD with enhanced features.

Being delayed into the 20th anniversary year is great news to me. Maybe I can snag a limited edition Halo console next year. Both next gen consoles have showed jack and are not worth a purchase imo

No. Halo is certainly one of the primary reason I buy Xbox. If I’m getting a Series X eventually, why not enjoy the better load times, instant resume and better frame rates on all those Game Pass games in the meantime?

1 Like

I would’ve played Halo mostly on the PC But with no Forza no Ryse or anything, there is not much for me in the nex gen beside the Cyberpunk 2077 upgrade and instant load times.

So the price will decide if that is worth it.

I can’t handle the load times in most games right now, so I’m getting an XSX for that alone.

The fact that all multiplatform games will look and play best on Xbox is reassuring.

And everything they are doing in regards to BC is just the cherry on top

Its day one for me anyway because I’m in the field of reporting on it but if I wasn’t then a BIG reason for getting one would have gone down the toilet for me; especially early on. The same goes with PS5 really as I cannot see any compelling day 1 titles.

Cyberpunk on my PC will hold the fort for a while for my primary sauce.

To me it always comes down to where will the multiplatform games preform best since those are usually the games I play most. This gen its series x so regardless of no halo I still need to make sure that I’m playing the best version of cyberpunk on console

It makes the console a lot less exciting but no. I’m still buying the series x at launch for me and series s for my son.

I was going to wait to pick up cyberpunk until the true next gen version comes out next year but without halo I won’t be able to wait.

Still getting the system

1 Like

Day One for me.

1 Like