Deceptive Methods: A Historical Conspiracy Podcast |OT|

2 Likes

This is great. Just saying.

2 Likes

Thank you, Mort! It’s been a lot of fun to do and Amanda is pouring a ton of research work into it.

Yeah, it shows. I really enjoyed it, you are great together and she has a great voice to listen to as well. I really like the subjects and the approach too.

Really enjoyed this a lot.

1 Like

Ngl, I had to google Catherine the Great + Horse… Haha.

1 Like

Episode 4 is Live! It’s the Three Mile Island Meltdown

3 Likes

This is something I mean to get around to watching but haven’t had the opportunity to. Will try to get some episodes in this weekend.

1 Like

@mandalaaxo , you really know how to choose interesting topics! Looking forward to listen to this soon.

1 Like

I had actually seen part of the reactor from an airport window in Harrisburg when I flew to Pennsylvania a few years ago. You could see two of the funnel things peeking out from over a hill. I was told it melted down a long time ago but I never digged into what happened. Now I can just listen to this episode to find out lol.

After listening it’s scary to think things could have been much worse, but at the same time it could have been prevented if they didn’t cheap out and use faulty equipment. Or if we just stopped using nuclear power completely, that would be nice too… This was really informative though. Kudos to Amanda for all the research she does for this podcast.

2 Likes

She’s the best, doing this while working full time and working on her art as well.

3 Likes

Beginning of July is here! :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

We’re back! Sorry for the long delay in between episodes, Amanda had been working on one for a while then realized it just wasn’t working and had to start over again.

3 Likes

Yes! Looking forward to listen to this later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So regarding Three Mile Island, I live kind of in that general area and for a time worked very near there, my employer had to ask me if I wanted them to have Iodine tablets on hand in case there was another problem there. This is probably true of other nuclear sites as well, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Also right after Sept 2001, there were combat air patrols flying around the area for a while. There are some military installations in the area as well, actually quite a few, so it may have been more than just the reactors that were of concern, but it was an interesting time.

And fun fact with Harrisburg airport, which is actually in Middletown as well as TMI, it’s an emergency landing site for Airforce One (or at least it was, not sure if that changed), so every now and then you’d see them there practicing.

1 Like

@Mort !!! we’re recording a new episode!

1 Like

Episode 6 is recorded, we’ll get it edited up and posted this week!

2 Likes

Yay! Looking forward to it.

It’s live on Anchor, should hit Apple, Spotify, and Google soon.

2 Likes

Yay, this sounds like a great topic. Will listen as soon as I can!

1 Like