XboxEra Community Hangout |OT8| Waiting for E3 2023

More balance: It’s the best game I’ve ever played.

I have never been so immersed in a game before or since, I didn’t play RDR2, I lived RDR2. What other people complained about, I loved. Like the deliberate movements, the travelling, that everything took it’s time, the story.

A night of playing it for me could be hours of hunting, setting up camp near a lake, take care of my horse and brew a nice cup of coffee at the camp fire. Watching the rain come in over the lake and having a smoke.

5 Likes

was fantastic marketing for FH5 no reason why they shouldnt do it again

1 Like

That was only 5 months or so, more tolerable.

We are RDR2 bros, man

Had a very similar evening the other day. The whole evening consisted of slow walking through the nature, watching the animals roam around, eating, hunting each other, like watching animal planet really, haha.

Other games have open world with animals too like AC, but they just don’t come near it.

1 Like

Same here, felt exactly like you man. Arthur is the man and RDR2 is the best game of the last generation. 60fps patch and it’s easily the most impressive game to this date.

2 Likes

Time to abuse my mod powers, but episode 4 of my Wife and I’s historical conspiracy podcast is up!

9 Likes

RDR2 in my opinion is the kind of game that is meant to be taken slow. If you really want to get invested in this game world, there’s plenty to be had here. If you want to know more about your camp members you need to go back to the camp around evening time because it’s often when siting around the campfire that some folks share stories about their past or present.

Things that usually take place in cutscenes, it’s real-time here. I find myself often after a mission making sure to get back to camp to check if the camp members have new stuff to say. I love this kind of stuff. I don’t want to rush anything here, fucking love it.

2 Likes

They’re removing loot boxes and introducing Battle Pass to Overwatch because of course they would. I know people hate loot boxes but Overwatch’s system was quite good and you get things just as you play and rank up, but I’m seeing many happy and saying a BP is gonna serve the game’s model better, whatever. Hope we get to carry over the skins we’ve unlocked at least.

I love these types of podcasts. I’ll definitely give it a listen.

3 Likes

It seems like Starfield marketing has started.

Guessing going f2p influenced this to some degree

Meh, maybe, but everyone seems to be going the BP route whether f2p or full price anyway.

It kinda started last year

Yes, but I think there are more ads this time.

Finally! Love these. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t believe it’s already been a year. Looking forward to this quite a bit!

1 Like

Last year had some really strong demos for sure.

Was it you who was raving about The Eternal Cylinder or something like that? I remember regretting missing it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir, that was me. I really liked that demo and what it was about. Haven’t bought it though, was hoping for Game Pass. Back log too big, figured it can wait. :slight_smile:

Did TGA last year have demos too? There was some real good stuff there too.

1 Like