Deathloop is coming to Xbox and Game Pass September 20th

PSA : The centered crosshair option is under HUD in the options then you have to press RB to get to the second page. Go down a bit and around the middle of the list you have a toggle Yes/No. Toggle the option to “No” as it’s “Yes” by default. You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think Deathloop has the best photomode I’ve ever seen. So many options.

1 Like

I believe I’ve answered my own question.

Once you’ve completed the first area you get the ability to have “reprises,” which as far as I understand it are extra lives, and whenever you die you get to pick up right where you were as long as you have reprises remaining. But if you’re out of those, you do have to begin again at the beginning of the area.

Luckily they let you set the number of reprises yourself, and you can choose infinite, so that’s what I did. Should reduce the rougelikes aspects as much as possible.

4 Likes

Going off the XboxEra review, you also gain reprises from completing major milestones killing off the primary targets.

1 Like

Good to know. I never read reviews for anything, so I had no idea. I’ll keep my setting to infinite, but it may be useful to know for others. Thanks.

I only played like 15 minutes so far but it’s enough to know that this is totally a game for me.

2 Likes

Holy shit this is amazing. The aiming and shooting has been SERIOSULY tightened up. You can feel input from ID and maybe Machine games here.

Since Redfall was announced ive been worried about Arkane making a competent action shooter. I loved Dishonoured and Prey but they never handled well (because they mostly didn’t need too). Deathloop has totally allayed those fears. This is an ACTUAL shooter. This feels as good as DOOM imo, which is crazy considering how many additional mechanics it has.

Arkane are my favourite studio and i didnt think they would ever outdo Dishonoured 1+2 which are goated for me, but man, Deathloop might actually take the crown. I know its had an additional year since launch, but its just so polished.

12 Likes

Do saves work between ps5 and Xbox?

No

Ok. Thanks.

There’s also another part:

I haven't got there yet but at some point you also get Residuum which allows you to keep all your weapons and trinkets etc, even if you use up all your reprises (lives) and start a new loop.
1 Like

Wasn’t there supposed to be a Ultimate perk? I don’t see it

It’s there for me. I literally just claimed it a few seconds ago. Maybe it’s rolling out as I type this.

4 Likes

Literally like 5 minutes ago it wasn’t there for me lol

1 Like

Always good to have the we videos.

1 Like

Im finally getting the hang of the loop of this game. I can understand why so many people dropped it though as the first 2 hours are a bit average.

Microsoft need to change their reviews slightly and have seperate ratings for gamepass cloud versions. So many people giving it 1 star due to the awful cloud version from xbox one users. This will be an issue going forward when people moan about cloud version when they dont want to get new system

Interestingly there’s a video interviewing one of the main developers behind the game and it gives some context on the first few hours of the game. The developers apparently had a ton of trouble during the final year of development because the people play testing the game just didn’t get it. They didn’t get that there was a time loop, they didn’t get that there was a way to retain gear over loops, they didn’t get that they had to track down and kill the visionaries - they just were confused and aimless and not having fun. The studios initial plan was to make the game a lot more free and basically just drop you into it and let you figure it out on your own - but they had to re-work it over and over trying to better communicate and tutorialise the opening of the game. Which is why you do end up in a lengthy prologue period at the start.

1 Like

Finished it this afternoon - absolutely stellar game. As someone who is pretty bad at stealth, it’s kind of really fun approaching it in a timeloop. I think in most games I try to stealth, fumble it and just go guns blazing - then once I’ve cleared all the enemies I search the place to find all the items and inevitably find a dozen smarter routes I could have approached from. I did much the same in Deathloop, but with the advantage that a lot of the time I would have to come back in a later loop and I’d be able to try and be a little smarter and use what I learned from that first loop.
It’s satisfying when you can take everything you learn in an area and put it to use like that. I think I could ramble for hours about all my thoughts - just felt like such a good game though. Exploring the different areas at different times, finding secrets upon secrets upon secrets (now that I’ve finished and can finally google things there’s a lot of “oh you know that door you didn’t open and forgot about? there was something really interesting in there”. And the nexus power is so so satisfying, nothing like taking out a crowd of enemies with one suppressed pistol shot.

Assorted thoughts on the ending:

So I kinda bumbled mine :sweat_smile: I got everyone I needed to the party and was planning on starting off with Aleksis, but Julianna showed up and sent me in a different direction - causing me to stumble right into where two of the visionaries were. Gunfight ensues, everyone in the building is alerted - and I end up sitting on the rooftop for a little bit picking off people in the courtyard. I decide to head back inside only to see a crowd of people heading back in who must have been looking for me - a blast of nexus and a few gunshots later and I realise Aleksis was among them. So I cleared the whole area without ever going in the building, sat there thinking “oh, I…I guess I beat the game then??!”. I almost wanted to reset, but hey, I can see myself playing this game again in the future. The actual ending itself was a little short but pretty neat, weirdly glad that Colt did go back for 2-bit. Felt kinda bad when Colt was promising to come back for him, I thought at the time “Well that’s never gonna happen”. But more importantly to the ending itself -I thought intially maybe they’d been in the loop for millions of years? I mean, things looked pretty millions of years later. I’ve heard some people say it might only be hundreds if it ties into some Dishonored plot point?

Hey so as someone who doesn’t require 60fps for enjoyment. What would you guys say is better between Quality and RT mode. Is the RT mode enough of an improvement?

Finished it (again). New ending is fun, playing without stealth notifications was a good choice on my end, MP invasions were fun until they weren’t, new enemies and weapons great. Most importantly, AI was much improved. That said, this is still probably my least favourite Arkane game. Barring Aleksis, the proper way to take out all other visionaries is always the same. The game holds your hand too much. The lack of player freedom is disappointing.

I do think Prey Mooncrash is the better execution of this concept. Still, I certainly did have fun with this.

2 Likes