DC and Marvel multimedia thread (movies, games, TV shows etc)

Before I saw mention of it I had never heard of them, but apparently the expectations were high for this?

Maybe all reviewers have covid and lost their tastes…

They expected her to make MORE than a Marvel movie, but ended up making a Marvel movie.

Incredible.

I’ll wait til I see it. Can’t be worse than Black widow.

That’s the lowest fuckin’ bar anyone can set.

Like I didn’t mind Black Widow, but the movie didn’t need to exist

There was no justification for the Black Widow movie other than to get Yelena into the universe and have a new Black Widow.

Black Widow could and should have been so much more. It also should have been made years ago, making this after Endgame just felt…strange. Pointless I guess even.

It is a better and far more enjoyable movie than Captain Marvel though, Sheesh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Exactly, Black Widow after Endgame is pointless.

Now if Black Widow was made during Phase 3 and stopped getting pushed back, then yes, Black Widow would have been better

1 Like

It’s like somebody saying “Hey do want to see Iron Man 4 set after Civil War and before Avengers Infinity War?”

I’d be like… No.

Black Widow should have been made between Infinity way and Endgame . Should have replaced Captain Marvel with Black Widow .

1 Like

Honestly, the major plot points of Black Widow could have been a twenty minute side-story in another Marvel Movie.

It’s whole purpose is “Look, Yelena is the new Black Widow!”

While rewatching all the MCU movies again I noticed that in terms of blood or maybe better word is grittiness that the older movies definitely seem to contain more of that compared to later and more recent movies.

In Captain America 1 we see someone being shred to bits by the rotor blades of a plane, complete with blood. We also see someone being shot and blood on the shooter’s face. Iron Man 1 also feels more gritty than later movies.

Or well, that’s how it feels right now, maybe once I’ve seen them all I won’t say the same thing.

Even Hotter Take:

Have Yelena’s introduction is the next Captain America movie with Mackie.

New Cap, new Falcon, new Widow, hell throw in Kate Bishop as Hawkeye II.

All the new Avengers in the new Cap film.

Nope. Marvel’s Inhumans.

1 Like

That doesn’t count because it’s pre-Marvel Studios TV.

Sorry doesn’t count, multiverse bullshit or no.

How do you blur a text because I want to post a spoiler for venom 2

Use the “spoiler” tag immediately around the text. It can also be done using the Gear icon and selecting Blur. Example tagging below but incomplete and then complete:

[Spoiler]text to blur[/spoiler ]

text to blur

Meaning before they got folded into Marvel Studios, circa 2019 and doing the Disney+ shows?

Post credit scene made it clear that venom’s future is now in the mcu I guess sony got what they wanted in the end eh? Where will he end up next? Who knows

Thanks

I didn’t see that yet, but good lord almighty…Runaways is pretty, pretty damn trash too.