DC and Marvel multimedia thread (movies, games, TV shows etc)

Love Brie Larson :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Among the MCU movies, this movie was near about ordinary. Nothing special or challenging on any actor. Not like Robert Downey Jr was working with the script and improvising to make it great. Loved the Skrull twist - instead of invaders they are refugees and a part of SWORD.

1 Like

Personally I think she can act, she was fine in Kong and apparently I hear she’s really good in Room. Will check that out. I don’t care much for her outside of movies, but at the end of the day that’s fine too.

Yes, really digged that too. Didn’t see it coming.

1 Like

I watched Black Widow a few days ago on Disney Plus. I enjoyed it, but it is not in the top tier of Marvel movies. My biggest issue was how they treated Black Widow as if she had an adamantium skeleton. She took enough damage to kill an ordinary human (which she is) several times over, but she got up and walked away with just some bumps and bruises every time.

I understand the need to “power up” your heroes as a series goes on, but surely there is a way to do it without completely breaking immersion.

1 Like

Lol my sister who is not a big marvel fan was saying the same thing about the movie that its not realistic.

I liked the movie too but I was a little disappointed in one aspect. I was expecting to see more of a spy movie like the Bourne movies.

1 Like

My problem with Black Widow was just Taskmaster.

This is a top tier villain just wasted.

The entire Ultimate Spiderman and Web Warriors – was about Green Goblin and the Taskmaster. Especially Taskmaster convincing The Vulture, Cloak and Dagger to fight the Web Warriors.

2 Likes

We can hope Tony Masters is still out there, like The Mandarin was.

1 Like

True. I didn’t even think about that while watching, but that is a real wasted opportunity.

Also, the only way to stop the Taskmaster to tamper expectations about who is fighting him.

(it is ‘him’ in the series, as opposed to the movie)

As long as the Taskmaster knows who is fighting him, he has a lower chance of being defeated.

1 Like

I hope The Batman smashes box office and force Disney to make Director driven movies without the family friendly bullshit .

1 Like

Marvel isn’t gonna change course no matter how The Batman does. Nor should they.

3 Likes

not saying Marvel should stop doing what they are doing . They can do 1 director driven movie every year . Keep it separate from MCU .

1 Like

Isn’t Eternals like that?

Eternals droping like a rock @ Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes

You mean like Logan?

Looooove that movie!

Or the original Hulk. Lol

loved it .

Legit shook at the reception of Eternals

That’s the one with Bana or Norton?

Perfectly played by Jackman too. The dynamic between him and Charles was awesome, the action/fighting scenes were brutal as fuck and overall the violence was brutal as fuck…which is…awesome!

ikr . I hope Wolverine PS5 is inspired by Logan .

1 Like