DC and Marvel multimedia thread (movies, games, TV shows etc)

Aaaah I see.

Yeah I’m seeing the bit with him and Carter in the car and it looks very unnatural, haha.

By the way…two things…

Should I watch Agents of Shield and Agent Carter shows too?

And the Hulk and Spidey movies are not on Disney, are they a must for the chronological order though?

yup . I just wanted to make it clear that it was not a Christian Bale situation . That man lost fuck tons of weight :phil_lmao:

1 Like

Dont think I can help you with this . Not a big Marvel guy .

Which spider movies? Three sets now, and if you count Miles Morales - 4 sets.

Watch the Tom Holland ones if you are going along with MCU.

Watch Spiderman Into the Multiverse - separately. One of the best Spidey movies.

Hulk is pretty much a standalone watch.

Agents of Shield is not canon. And does not tie into mcu. Agent Carter - no idea.

Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier after all the movies and Loki - to start the next phase of MCU.

“What If” - after all this.

Oh I’ve seen all the movies, but I just needed to know if the Spidey ones are in that chronology too. :wink:

Yes, I loved Into the Spider-verse. Can’t wait for 2.

1 Like

Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier after all the movies and Loki - to start the next phase of MCU.

“What If” - after all this.

Early this week I actually finished What If, before that I finished Loki and before that Falcon and way early this year Wandavision, quite liked that, certainly was unique.

This rewatch is solely going to be the movies. It’s been a good minute that I watched these too. :wink:

1 Like

Wandavision and Loki certainly

1 Like

I enjoyed all the Agents of Shield seasons, some more than others. They’re made for TV series but not too bad but nothing great. They’re a bit campy and story is spread out a bit for the week to week draw. You can tell exactly where all the commercial breaks were even if you watch via Netflix or Disney+ without commercials. The series is a level below the Netflix Marvel series such as Daredevil or Punisher or the others.

I could not get into Agent Carter at all and stopped watching before two episodes. It too was made for TV series and a slight spin off of Agents of Shield.

If anyone is pressed for time, then prioritize the Disney+ shows. They’re higher production value and official in the Marvel Cinemstic Universe.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying DC’s show stargirl. Also need to catch up on doom patrol

Sheesh, had a hard time getting through Captain Marvel. The movie itself I didn’t find all that interesting, the action didn’t do much for me. But what really did nothing for me was Brie. I didn’t mind her in Kong Skull Island, but here she’s as unlikeable,bland and generic as it gets. Tries to be funny, like many of these Marvel movies but fails miserably with that too. They couldn’t have cast a more meh actress for a super hero, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

I heard doom patrol is really good .

same . Plus even the writing didn’t help make her character likable .

2 Likes

I just looked forward to the Samuel L Jackson’s character. The movie was ok - besides the concept of the Supreme Intelligence for the Kree.

It seems they aren’t in a hurry to make a sequel either. I know it was green lit but it doesn’t seem to be in any announced phase. Which is good, lol.

I’m willing to bet the movie was a success because people truly thought this was a must see because they were hyped AF about Endgame. Turns out you can do fine without seeing this.

Samuel was CGI all the way, wasn’t he? Because I gotta say that is some mighty impressive CgI.

Not cgi, just wrinkles ‘removed’

Oooooh, I was about to say because I know tech is advancing but this would be some alien, out of this world type of tech, looking that real.

1 Like

If you have plenty of free time then you can probably find things to enjoy in both Agents of Shield and Agent Carter. If not, they are definitely skippable.

I prefer Agent Carter simply because of Haley Atwell and the time period. It’s also a much shorter time commitment since it only lasted two seasons. In my opinion, it ties into the MCU more obviously/directly than Agents of Shield (though I’m not sure if it’s canon).

Captain Marvel was probably the worst MCU movie.

I liked Agent Carter season 1, season 2 wasn’t that good.

Hell yeah.

I was curious about the media’s response on the film and I can’t believe what I’m reading. Praise for Larson’s performance and they talk about emotion, eh…what movie did they watch? She was as bland, unemotional and generic as it gets.

Also the stuff I’m reading about Rotten Tomatoes blaming internet trolls, a bug on their site bla bla for low audience ratings. Or…the movie is just…you know…shit? Eh?

Lmao.

1 Like