Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

Pretty sure that will be a totally valid way to approach the game.

Some questlines may play out differently, based on how many people you kill or whatever, but I think you’ll be ok focusing on guns & hacking. That’s the min/max approach, isn’t it? Pretty much what I always do in any RPG. Focus on some things & completely ignore others.

It also gives the game re-playability. You can start again with a differently focused build & see what it changes.

So I finally got a chance to start the game (Series X). I really couldn’t tell a difference (graphics wise) between performance (60fps) and quality (30fps) modes.

However (just like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla) I just can’t play at 30fps on games where you’re constantly moving and planning the camera around. Performance mode is just so much smoother. The difference is too great for me.

Can’t wait for the proper next-gen patch.

Was fine after i installed the patch. Camera control in the car and the tv in my room where also ‘features’ the patch fixed. Would not recommend playing without it.

1 Like

Is it just me or are all the side quests so far just typical generic “go there shoot him” “go there and clear out the area” types. Reviews say this game has great side quests like the witcher 3 but I’ve yet to find a single one. I’m not saying they don’t exist but I’m confused as to why there doesn’t seem to be any so far.

1 Like

From what I read in some reviews, characters of the main story will have their side stories with branching quests totally optional and will affect your ending based on which of these quests you complete. Sounds a bit like Mass Effect 2 to me. I’ve get to start of Act 2 and didn’t play anymore so couldn’t say anything on that.

Open world activities and contracts seems to be this more generic “go there and kill or talk to someone”. Let’s see.

Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5 - Xbox Series X – PC | Graphics & FPS Comparison - YouTube

Guys, you need to play in quality mode. Performance mode is also a better graphically on Series X compared with PS5, but a little worse when it comes to FPS

1 Like

no way i’m playing in 30fps mode. My TV has to take care of the slight drops in fps.

We’ll even in quality mode it still looks worse than PC. But my PC can’t handle everything maxed out. 30fps mode is without any dips. I find 1800p to be nice and sharp. It’s just a Singleplayer Game. So 30fps is fine for me. I’m mostly meele combat anyways.

Played a few hours last night on my Series x, I played in quality mode after watching some videos where I could see the visual downgrade in performance mode.

So far so good, had one crash but other then that it’s been pretty good. for a BC title it looks pretty good in quality mode and plays smoothly.

I’m going to play the first section now and wait to play the rest when the Series X patch comes out. It already looks pretty good for what it is but the Series X patch should elevate it to amazing.

I made the hard decision to refund the game for now. Don’t get me wrong, I think this is an excellent game and I love the ambition of this project. But the last gen version we can play right now on consoles is not what I wanted out of this game. After seeing the PC Version this is just too much of an downgrade for me. Performance was good on series x but the blurry image is just too much for me (everything more than 2 meters away is blurred). I will wait till next year when all the bugs are patched out and the next gen versions are ready and will enjoy the game when it is really ready. CD Project Red should just have delayed the console version.

On a side note, refunding digital purchases from the xbox store is really easy and took me 3 minutes.

1 Like

They probably didn’t because of what happened last time they delayed it they got death threats last time it was delayed

That’s fine, what I don’t like is, that they never showed the cobsole versions before and forbid streamers to show the ps4 or xbox one versions. I mean I love CD but even I have to say that this is shitty practice. They new these versions wouldn’t hold up. And I understand that but at least be open about it.

2 Likes

Yea definitely

1 Like

Hopefully the next gen patch drops sooner than later. I really want to enjoy this insanly ambitious game and I know I will love it then.

Keep reality in check for next gen patch. This game is only great on the NViDIA GPUs. DLSS and RTX are what makes it shine. The consoles aren’t going to be able to match this sadly.

Even with the visual settings disabled? Damn.

I haven’t bought it yet, I’m not really in a hurry and I’m fully into ACV. But reading things like these may make me decide to wait for the patch too. But it could be a long, long time before that happens though.

Jesus christ at that base Xbox One and PS4 version. Buddy of mine has the PS4 version and he doesn’t have a pro, good lord.

Some were saying XSX seems more washed oud than PS5. I would say it’s a little brighter, not washed oud.

I really don’t need RTX, but just a clearer image, better draw distance and faster asset streaming. That would make such a big difference. I just hate that everything thats not directly in front of you is blurred. Also some textures like from the vending machines look like a distant model and will never clear up. Performamce with VRR was great but just the image. It’s like the switch port of witcher 3. Yeah you can play it, but its just not how you want to experience this game. Especially such a great game

Raytracing and some AI upscaling is possible on console, too. It all depends how long we have to wait.

Even a RTX 3060TI is not enough for the game

Damn, that’s really unfortunate. I didn’t expect that. I mean base consoles I can get, they are pretty much ancient at this point, but with the much higher res on One X, not to mention XSX you’d think it would look really crisp.