Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

Hopefully the next gen patch drops sooner than later. I really want to enjoy this insanly ambitious game and I know I will love it then.

Keep reality in check for next gen patch. This game is only great on the NViDIA GPUs. DLSS and RTX are what makes it shine. The consoles arenā€™t going to be able to match this sadly.

Even with the visual settings disabled? Damn.

I havenā€™t bought it yet, Iā€™m not really in a hurry and Iā€™m fully into ACV. But reading things like these may make me decide to wait for the patch too. But it could be a long, long time before that happens though.

Jesus christ at that base Xbox One and PS4 version. Buddy of mine has the PS4 version and he doesnā€™t have a pro, good lord.

Some were saying XSX seems more washed oud than PS5. I would say itā€™s a little brighter, not washed oud.

I really donā€™t need RTX, but just a clearer image, better draw distance and faster asset streaming. That would make such a big difference. I just hate that everything thats not directly in front of you is blurred. Also some textures like from the vending machines look like a distant model and will never clear up. Performamce with VRR was great but just the image. Itā€™s like the switch port of witcher 3. Yeah you can play it, but its just not how you want to experience this game. Especially such a great game

Raytracing and some AI upscaling is possible on console, too. It all depends how long we have to wait.

Even a RTX 3060TI is not enough for the game

Damn, thatā€™s really unfortunate. I didnā€™t expect that. I mean base consoles I can get, they are pretty much ancient at this point, but with the much higher res on One X, not to mention XSX youā€™d think it would look really crisp.

The prpblem is how this version of the game handles (I think) depth of field, itā€™s like there is a constant depth of field effect on everything that is more than 2 feet away. I guess this is rooted in the last gen nature of this version and they try to hide low res textures with it. Of course series x could handle that but because of this filter itā€™s really unpleasant to look at. Like you forgot to put your glasses on if thats explaines it better.

Damn, yeah that does suck. And this isnā€™t a option that can be disabled?

Not 100% sure. I couldnā€™t find it. What are the others thinking. Anyone else played this on Series X?

Itā€™s kind of a shame how little interactivity there is in night city. Having come off beating Yakuza like a dragon its really jarring. Yakuza games are a fraction of the size but have far more interactivity in itā€™s world.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t expect that. The biggest part of the map is the city, youā€™d think there is a lot to do, see and interact with. Can you at least access a lot of buildings?

Every building Iā€™ve entered is for story related reasons and thereā€™s nothing to do outside of that. Most buildings are warehouses or offices where you can go to do the typical ubisoft ā€œclear out an areaā€ style side content. I sound like Iā€™m down on the game but the story is very cool so far and it looks very beautiful in so many areas. If you go in expecting a action RPG and not an open world sandbox youā€™ll have a better time.

Yeah, a good few hours in now & I have to be honest, this game is really underwhelming. Maybe I expected too much, but I expected better than this.

The whole thing feels unfinished. Thereā€™s not a single aspect of the experience that doesnā€™t feel off or janky at some point, be it overall visual quality, the feel of Night City as a living world, navigating the menus, driving, interacting with & talking to other characters, fistfights, gunfights, stealth, hackingā€¦ It all just feels clunky, unintuitive & basically unfinished to me. The game is not in a state where it shouldā€™ve been released. & this is without even mentioning the various bugs, glitching & freezing, which are constant. I honestly think it needs months of patching, before itā€™ll possibly be what CDPR were actually aiming for.

Itā€™s a real shame because I do love the atmosphere & style of the thing. Night City does look amazing in some moments & I can see, with the way the story is progressing, that Iā€™ll enjoy choosing Vā€™s actions & seeing how things play out. But I would genuinely recommend, to anyone who is unsure or hasnā€™t started playing yet, wait a while. The devs need more time to fix this game. Hopefully it will become a much better experience, but they definitely need more time.

3 Likes

25 hours in, game is everything I ever wanted out of this type of RPG.

4 Likes

Patch is live for PC and PS4, not Xbox yet

This is the first time Iā€™ve never understood a Metacritic score for a game. Yes it looks stunning on PC but that alone couldnā€™t possibly make the game a 10 right? Iā€™m someone whoā€™s played a lot of this type of game so nothing here really screams 10/10 to me. All opinions are subjective though so Iā€™ll respect that.

2 Likes

I think it still looks good on series x despite the bugs and yea this reminds me of fallout new Vegas as that missed its goal by 1 point

1 Like

I tried on quality and the framerate dropped into what felt like the fucking teens. There are so many stutters. Writing is good so far, but the honeymoon period is starting to subside. I had to drum up the motivation to play it today. No refund where I bought it so idk.

2 Likes