Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

Wasn’t Bethesda crucified for doing this to Obsidian back in the day?

And FNV was done in two years.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve been doing all the side stuff and haven’t really touched the main quests. Loving how you have an abundance of ways to tackle a mission. I usually find myself sneaking my way to the top of a building, hacking my way in and taking out my targets with the silenced pistol.

Also people should really try it on very hard. Makes the game a bit more tactical.

I don’t have a car and it’s killing my motivation. I don’t even have the money to get a new one.

1 Like

Imagine if Bethesda, EA, Activision or Ubisoft dropped a game in this state. They would be getting crucified and boycotted all over the place but since its Media darling CD Projekt Red then a lot of people are being dismissive.

How did this score a 91 with so many 10/10 ratings?

3 Likes

I have to agree. I’d give the game an 8 so far, but it in no way deserves a 10, way too buggy for that. I’d also argue that it’s various gameplay loops aren’t actually bringing anything new to the table for it to deserve a 10 either.

1 Like

You can…steal a car at every corner. It’s almost a GTA game.

Because it is with an rpg mechanic mixed in

I can steal most of the cars I found. If not, you can “borrow” one stopped at the redlight. I didn’t know it could be a problem for some.

I found a Wraith car in the desert. It’s awesome.

The game gives you some free cars and bikes too (Nomad).

1 Like

I dunno the same media who apparently said they wouldn’t report bugs in miles morales because nowadays you expect bugs and for them to be patched (according to ACG) are the ones lining up to criticise CDPR.

Having played this game I’d say it’s a 9.5 and the bugs and issues melt away compared to how good the game is. It’s unparalleled in terms of immersion in my opinion.

Really enjoying the game so far. I turned off lens flare and CA because it was a bit much. The image still feels a bit ‘soft’ – a 4K60 upgrade for Series X is really going to benefit the game.

But it feels great to play, and I’m relieved that it’s more Fallout than Deus Ex as far as gameplay goes-- I’m not super into stealth/immersive sim gameplay but this is perfect. I’m also really impressed with the writing and acting even early on. I already feel bonded to Jackie. :slight_smile:

It’s understandable to have 10/10 if it’s rated for PC.

But Anyone who played it on last gen Consoles simply can’t give this game a 10/10. And I mean base consoles.

2 Likes

How do the media in good faith review this game so highly when it clearly doesnt work well on over 150 million systems.

Yes!

1 Like

If I were you I would not expect the upgrade to be 4K60. The PC version has a lot of graphical effects that are missing on the console versions that will eat up GPU resources very quickly.

What I do think this game shows is that graphical effects of games are very much scalable and it is only a case of how scalable do developers want to go.

Guys, scores are arbitrary numbers. Cyberpunk 2077 is in a bad state in terms of bugs and graphics, but in terms of content, story and gameplay, it is an 8 or a 9 for me, easily. The game blew me away past the few rough early hours of gameplay. Maybe I’m getting used to the roughness, but it is a fantastic game. There is so much to do and discover. All the systems are complementing each other, so much that I think that many developpers will take notes. People just have different sensibilities and tastes.

3 Likes

Because they reviewed in on PC. The same happens in reverse when PC gamers get horrid console ports than get a 90 plus metacritic but are horrid on PC . I don’t see huge fuss about that. This is just a little in reverse. The game should be reviewed for the game not in my view performance on some systems. Which should absolutely be noted. But otherwise many games that get acclaim would need significantly marking down.

This. Can we just pin this? I don’t even care about the bugs anymore. If all I had was a base Xbox one I’d play this still even at 15FPS because it’s that good.

3 Likes

My experience on the One X has been…mostly fine? Looks soft and the graphics look pretty bad in spots under a microscope. Food looks particularly awful.

I’ve gotten one crash and some random stutters. I’m about six hours in. It reminds me of Fallout 4 in performance/stability.

The game itself in incredible so far. There are multiple ways to approach combat scenarios. I’m loving the sniper rifle. Getting a headshot is very satisfying. The world and environment is a stunning achievement.

2 Likes

Ah ah ! Yeah, I think I would have played it ! When I was young, I wasn’t thinking about framerate when playing a game. Today, it’s different. DF made us framerate and frame pacing snobs !! :smiley:

I also became frame rate fanatic some while ago.

But recently, something changed.

I was using medium settings on FH4 on my laptop to get consistent 60 fps and always had framerate counter on. But i recently changed and turned everything north ( extreme) and msaa X2 plus turned off the framerate counter.

Now the game looks like the YouTube videos and i enjoy the game even more then before. Frames go from 45-60 when i tested once but it doesn’t bother me.

I think low framerate is not the problem in games. But the stutter and tearing is.

1 Like