Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

Hopefully this gets fixed asap.

3 Likes

So how are you people building your V so far? Or is everyone too busy worrying about their resolution and FPS to actually play the game? I spent like 30 minutes staring at the skil tree when I got my first level up. Not sure what way I want to go.

1 Like

What the ā€¦

With those arms???

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Reached act 2 and my God is it getting so good so far

1 Like

Same. Only level 3 but havenā€™t spent a skill/perk point yet.

Iā€™m only just getting started with the game, but did have a look at the skills & perks. I did spend some time reading & thinking about it as well :grinning:

I like the look of the Cold Blood skill in the Cool perk section. Looked like itā€™s an ability meter type thing, which stacks as you take down bad guys & increases crit chance & damage, etcā€¦ Not sure if that will work better with a stealthy approach or in gunfights, but it looked interesting.

Iā€™m overwhelmed by the skill tree. I donā€™t even understand what some of the skills mean or do. I kinda just wanna be a hacker/shooter because the stealth doesnā€™t seem great so far.

Pretty sure that will be a totally valid way to approach the game.

Some questlines may play out differently, based on how many people you kill or whatever, but I think youā€™ll be ok focusing on guns & hacking. Thatā€™s the min/max approach, isnā€™t it? Pretty much what I always do in any RPG. Focus on some things & completely ignore others.

It also gives the game re-playability. You can start again with a differently focused build & see what it changes.

So I finally got a chance to start the game (Series X). I really couldnā€™t tell a difference (graphics wise) between performance (60fps) and quality (30fps) modes.

However (just like Assassinā€™s Creed Valhalla) I just canā€™t play at 30fps on games where youā€™re constantly moving and planning the camera around. Performance mode is just so much smoother. The difference is too great for me.

Canā€™t wait for the proper next-gen patch.

Was fine after i installed the patch. Camera control in the car and the tv in my room where also ā€˜featuresā€™ the patch fixed. Would not recommend playing without it.

1 Like

Is it just me or are all the side quests so far just typical generic ā€œgo there shoot himā€ ā€œgo there and clear out the areaā€ types. Reviews say this game has great side quests like the witcher 3 but Iā€™ve yet to find a single one. Iā€™m not saying they donā€™t exist but Iā€™m confused as to why there doesnā€™t seem to be any so far.

1 Like

From what I read in some reviews, characters of the main story will have their side stories with branching quests totally optional and will affect your ending based on which of these quests you complete. Sounds a bit like Mass Effect 2 to me. Iā€™ve get to start of Act 2 and didnā€™t play anymore so couldnā€™t say anything on that.

Open world activities and contracts seems to be this more generic ā€œgo there and kill or talk to someoneā€. Letā€™s see.

Cyberpunk 2077 | PS5 - Xbox Series X ā€“ PC | Graphics & FPS Comparison - YouTube

Guys, you need to play in quality mode. Performance mode is also a better graphically on Series X compared with PS5, but a little worse when it comes to FPS

1 Like

no way iā€™m playing in 30fps mode. My TV has to take care of the slight drops in fps.

Weā€™ll even in quality mode it still looks worse than PC. But my PC canā€™t handle everything maxed out. 30fps mode is without any dips. I find 1800p to be nice and sharp. Itā€™s just a Singleplayer Game. So 30fps is fine for me. Iā€™m mostly meele combat anyways.

Played a few hours last night on my Series x, I played in quality mode after watching some videos where I could see the visual downgrade in performance mode.

So far so good, had one crash but other then that itā€™s been pretty good. for a BC title it looks pretty good in quality mode and plays smoothly.

Iā€™m going to play the first section now and wait to play the rest when the Series X patch comes out. It already looks pretty good for what it is but the Series X patch should elevate it to amazing.

I made the hard decision to refund the game for now. Donā€™t get me wrong, I think this is an excellent game and I love the ambition of this project. But the last gen version we can play right now on consoles is not what I wanted out of this game. After seeing the PC Version this is just too much of an downgrade for me. Performance was good on series x but the blurry image is just too much for me (everything more than 2 meters away is blurred). I will wait till next year when all the bugs are patched out and the next gen versions are ready and will enjoy the game when it is really ready. CD Project Red should just have delayed the console version.

On a side note, refunding digital purchases from the xbox store is really easy and took me 3 minutes.

1 Like

They probably didnā€™t because of what happened last time they delayed it they got death threats last time it was delayed

Thatā€™s fine, what I donā€™t like is, that they never showed the cobsole versions before and forbid streamers to show the ps4 or xbox one versions. I mean I love CD but even I have to say that this is shitty practice. They new these versions wouldnā€™t hold up. And I understand that but at least be open about it.

2 Likes

Yea definitely

1 Like