Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

But there is the quality mode for exactly that :slight_smile:

Playing on Series X on performance. About 2 hours in. Voice acting is top-notch, gunplay fine, melee shockingly good for first person, I hope there are more dialogue options. Many bugs, most of them funny (a character sitting on air) or harmless (minor texture clip-in) some less so (NPCs popping in front of me when walking blocking my path, NPCs disappearing, severe stuttering and framedrops in some areas like the first bar in the Corpo path). As for visuals, at default settings it looks like vaseline was rubbed on the lens but with everything but lens flare off, it looks really fucking good.

Overall, solid but also kinda makes me admire teams like Obsidian who punch an appropriate weight and polish considerably. I donā€™t think BGS/XGS should have to go this big in scope.

Idk, Iā€™m only 2 hours in. Again, by all accounts, I do like it.

1 Like

Turn off everything in graphics option except maybe lens flare. The mixture of motion blur, film grain and CA looked really blurry and ugly tbh but with them off it looks great.

I didnā€™t see a difference. I switch between the two, but couldnā€™t tell what it does. Like everyone else, I settled for 60FPS, even though I would have prefer better graphics.

Yeah, I turned off a bunch of effects. Itā€™s better, but not much. I think it is at the engine level that thing are messy. Hoping between Cyberpunk and games like Destiny 2 on SX is rough. Still, there is so much more going on in Cyberpunk, that I canā€™t belive it runs at all on an Xbox One or PS4.

Thatā€™s interesting. So the performance mode can actually look quite good as long as you disable all that stuff? I was planning on going for quality mode on first playthrough, but that was based on some comments. They probably didnā€™t disable all the stuff it sounds like.

Hmmm, not a clear clarity difference at all?

Ok, I will try again. Maybe I wasnā€™t really looking.

Edit : Nope. One mode is 30 FPS and the other is 60FPS, thatā€™s all I can tell (Iā€™m playing on a 1440p screen).

Edit 2 : I turned off everything, like Deogame said, and kept only lens flare and DOF and itā€™s better now. Iā€™m not entirely sure, but I think Chromatic abberation is destroying IQ the most. I donā€™t know why.

lol watching that cyberpunk df video, the game basically does all the graphical things that gta and rdr2 doā€¦ but worse and buggier. iā€™ll play it on gamepass.

1 Like

I turned all that stuff off when I was playing last night, looks better now.

Going by some of the footage around this game should never have come out on base Xbox One/PS4 machines.

2 Likes

If I only had an Xbox One, I would be so happy to be able to play that game, even if it was rough. Some people donā€™t really care about performance. They just want to play the game on whatever platform they want to play on.

I played a lot of games that was not supposed to be on Xbox or 360 back in the day. Morrowind was not a great port for example, but I was so happy that I could play it on Xbox

I hope the devs will patch the game to make it run as smooth as possible on Xbox One and PS4, but we have to remember that it is a miracle that they made that game run on 2013 hardware.

So i started this without the day0 patch (for science!). First of, why is this on 2 discs? Its only 53GB, reduce some textures and ship it on one. Everybody will/has to install the Patch anyway.

First the good parts: you can disable the horrible chromatic aberration. Thank the gods. The game didnā€™t crash or bug out. And it looks fine. Framerate seems a little bit wonky. After 2 hours i like the characters and the city. Canā€™t wait to see what happens next.

But why do all NPCs drive me around slower than a bicycle? And why does Jackie drive in every fuc**n wall at the end of a ride?

Here is my char successfully trying to bring the framerate down to 5fps.

1 Like

Nine hours in, just reached Act 2 and seems like the game really opened up! What a wild ride this last few hours have been story wise and with incredible set pieces.

Iā€™m very excited to see how story will continue.

sold but I wait for Christmas really cant afford a time sink right now too much to doā€¦

Why can we choose the colour & design of Vā€™s pubic hair.

Thatā€™s just about the most ridiculous character customisation option that Iā€™ve ever seen :rofl:

Anyway, couple of hours in, first main mission in Night City done. I donā€™t think the game, in itā€™s current state, makes a great first impression. I dunno, all the little things just kind of feel clunky & unintuitive to me. Hopefully we get quick patches to improve the UI & Hud, for example. Iā€™ve got good eyesight & can hardly read any of the text. Just like in The Witcher 3 at release, before they patched it. Iā€™m a bit surprised that CDPR have made that same mistake, again.

Took me a fair bit of tinkering with the graphics settings to get it looking good as well. It was all bright & blurry at first. Does look impressive now though.

Gunplay feels ok I guess. The aim assist feels weird though. There was a fair bit of action in those first missions. I chose Nomad & had expected a slower, more talky introduction. It felt a bit rushed.

Looking forward to putting in some hours over the weekend though. Going to get a proper feel for the game & see whatā€™s what.

The incredibly detailed character creation is kind of aā€¦donā€™t want to say waste, but you barely see your character in the game at all, right?

As for the graphics being blurry and bright, was that due to HDR and the other graphics options? Iā€™ve heard some stuff about broken HDR as per EvilBoris.

Yeah, the HDR setting really need an explanation and better calibration pictures. What are these tone mapping midpoint values? Iā€™m not your HDR engineer, CDPR.

With the patch some things are really night and day. I mean this literally. Without the patch the tutorial area was pitch black :rofl:

1 Like

I fiddled with the in-game HDR settings and it didnā€™t appear to make a difference so could be the HDR needs some fixing.

Hope so, because man, a game like this with the neon lights and things like that would benefit beautifully from proper HDR.

As far as Iā€™m aware, you can see your V in the menu & if you choose to look in a mirror (like in Vā€™s apartment). Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s ever a time or place where you can check out that blue pubic hair again though.

But hey, why not. Someone somewhere might enjoy having that option :man_shrugging:

Iā€™m not sure what was up with the visuals. I messed around with the HDR settings & turned off Chromatic Aberration, Motion Blur, etcā€¦ I think it looks much better now, but maybe there is some bug or glitch as well. Itā€™s possible.

Glad to hear it opens up. I was wondering where all the side quests are at but i guess i need to get further in.

This Act 1/Prologue looked to me a bit like White Orchard on TW3. I was just exploring around one district untill story gets more thrilling and epic(a bit linear even). Then a lot of quests and content opened up and I donā€™t even know if I want to get directly to the main quest, which is extremely exciting or just get lost with stuff.