Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| It feels like it's taken 2077 years for this game to release (and might take another 2077 years for it to be fixed)

I disagree on the Male Shepard look, I’m not great at creating character faces, but the ones that I made in Mass Effect looked great.

1 Like

Prove it

Games should always have the default character that was shown in trailers as a preset so people don’t have to go nuts trying to make the character accurate.

I’m just copying a YouTube video I found a few days ago for Female V as it’s looks exactly the same as the 2018 demo. Only thing missing is the “lines” on the shaved part of her head as CDPR didn’t put this option in the game.

Either way, im hyped!!! Finally get to play one of my most anticipated games for this generation!!!

1 Like

Series X performance feels much worse on the latest patch.

I got excited for a second that they added nG+ only to see that’s what you still want to see as well lol.

Pain.

Cyberpunk 2077 on Twitter: “As it was mentioned in @CDPROJEKTRED_IR financial call moments ago, Cyberpunk 2077’s upcoming expansion will arrive in 2023. Please stay tuned for more details coming later this year :mechanical_arm:” / Twitter

1 Like

Long wait until next year. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’m still playing through the game right now and probably won’t be done until the end of the month. A year, year and a half wait probably be perfect for me to be excited to come back to the world after playing a ton of games in the interim.

I agree, I love this game too and just never got or still get the hate. Its also a shame that the team are dropping the game engine, there’s not many games that look this good on the PC or Series X/PS5

Nice to read support is still to continue, even if next year seems a mile off.

Paul has a take I agree with. CDPR probably drops support for the game after the first expansion in light of prolonged development and relatively weak legs. Datamining suggests it will be the Combat Zone in Pacifica. The other expansion was supposedly the Crystal Palace.

Apparently multiplayer might be canned as well. Remember, they had plans for multiplayer, canceled them in light of the messy launch, rebooted those plans, and I think are now saying that their multiplayer efforts will be within the Unreal Engine, implying that 2077 on the Red Engine won’t receive said support.

(45) Cyberpunk 2077: Finally, Some Actual Expansion News - YouTube

Finished the game. Liked it a lot. Solid 8/10 in my book.

The Good

-Gameplay was mostly fun, shooting was better than expected.

-The game had some great missions like the River Ward trilogy and the Perez questline. The main mision tree also had it’s moments

-The city was great. CDPR is still the best at making compelling cities for their rpgs. Really hope Bethesda is inspired by what cdpr achieved in TW3 with Novigrad and here with NC.

-The game nailed the atmosphere. Loved the neon night sky.

-The cinematic dialogue system was excellent. Felt really immersive

-Found most of the cast to be really good.

The Ugly

-Driving mostly felt mediocre, which is a shame since you do a lot of it in this game.

-some of the missions I found to be lacking.

-Cyberpsycho’s were mostly uninteresting compared to Witcher contracts

-having to wait in game time to get a new mission is annoying.

-Johnny. I hated him for quite a while, and though I don’t hate him anymore I don’t really like the character either and found his inclusion in some of the missions pretty jarring.

The bad

-Pacing was weird and inconsistent.

-The stat based dialogue options felt useless most of the times.

-overal plot wasn’t very strong.

-Wish they had spend more time on giving players options to interact with characters after their quest was done or add more quests.

-The Phone UI was a mess

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: CuberPunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty Expansion Teaser

So, I’m playing this for the first time right now. I’m in act 2, and I’ve got a question for the Cyberpunk vets out there:

I keep getting calls from Takemura asking me to meet him here, meet him there, basically constantly interrupting my own explorations of Night City.

He’s always acting with some urgency, so does this mean this quest line is time sensitive? Or can I blow him off for days and days of in-game time, and then decide to meet him wherever?

Normally in games like this you can indeed choose when to engage with various quests, but if we take what’s being said here literally, the parade will happen in a few days and then whatever opportunity we might have had will have passed.

You can wait as long as you want to advance the main quest. There’s no time limit.

Just wait until it’s time for you to “Meet Hanako at Embers.” :laughing: She’ll wait there for you until the end of time.

1 Like

Nice. :+1: That’s what I assumed, but I just wanted to be sure I wouldn’t miss out just because I’m running around doing NCPD’s dirty work for them or some other side gig.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Oh yeah! Honestly don’t know if CDPR will ever be able to live up to the greatness of Witcher 3 again, especially the 2 DLCs, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine were probably the best expansions I’ve ever played, hoping this matches that quality.

1 Like

Man, Phantom Liberty goes quite aways in adding choice and consequence to the game… but then you have to play the rest of the game which is a huge step down.

2 Likes

It unfortunately story wise does feel differently compared to the rest of the game. Without spoiling anything I prefer one of the originals story endings, over the new end game story.

I think Phantom Liberty Really helped flesh out the universe, but in the grand scheme of things, the story/game is the same thing.

It sucks knowing that there won’t be a new game for at least 7 years. There is still so much that can and needs to be told.

2 Likes

The fact that Phantom Liberty takes place in the middle of the campaign of the main game and not afterwards is quite jarring, but I can see why they chose that timeline.