Cyberpunk 2077 hype thread

I doubt cyberpunk will run at 60 even after the next gen patch let alone before it…

The One X gMe on XSX? I can see that being 60fps, but what resolution though.

It will run 30 on One X. To run it at 60 on Series X would presumably require it to be significantly patched.

Apparently the game is gen9aware on Xbox

Whats the difference

Unless they give us a mode for unlocked framerate and let the XSX do the hard work of bringing it to 60fps. But they probably won’t do that. Sadly.

That sounds like a recipe for a poorly optimised title. Lock it to 30 and up any settings that are easy to do,

At least the preload version is not. It is still XboxOne.

Gen9Aware titles are games optimized for the Series X|S that were made using last gen’s dev kits (XDK). Gen9 titles are games optimized for the Series X|S that were made using the most recent dev kits (GDK).

Since Cyberpunk is XboxOne, it is not optimized for the Series X|S. It will instead be running through backwards compatibility until the next-gen patch drops next year.

The game will benefit from the Series X even while playing through backwards compatibility, though. Faster load times and better resolution and framerate as long as it runs in dynamic resolution and unlocked framerate on the One X.

1 Like

I hope the patch is GDK…

It will probably be. The only studios that seem to be releasing Series X|S versions of games using XDK are first-party studios: Rare, Undead Labs, 343i…

What we do have to hope is that the GDK is more mature by the time the next-gen version drops.

1 Like

Cyberpunk release timings:

If you change your console region to New Zealand you will be able to play on December 9, 2020 10:00 AM.

3 Likes

Cool …glad someone finally explained it to me :rofl:

1 Like

YEEEEEESSSSSS but damn 60fb is less than I was expecting. :thinking:

Interesting. Does changing time affect anything? Also, what would that time be in for GMT peeps?

I’m still going Street Kid route personally. What about you guys?

I can’ t choose between male nomad or female street kid on my first playthrough. Probably gonna create both and play the first few hours of each one and then decide.

1 Like

Got it off of twitter/reddit. Someone who has the game early alleged that it is running at 60fps uncapped and is Gen9aware.

Not sure if that will be the case after the patch that rumored to be 45 GB.

1 Like

Weird mine is different

Interesting.

Can you see if it’s gen9aware?

I don’t think I have the day 1 patch though, game comes in at 59.6GB atm

Same here.

So the patch is 22 GB?