Cyberpunk 2077 hype thread

dunno maybe, idk who’s store page is right haha but yeah a 22GB patch sounds about right for a day 1 patch honestly.

1 Like

So, the xbox verison has a performance mode that targets 60fps. The patch is 43 GB and it is Gen9aware. Just got confirmation from someone who has the game early. It has also be confirmed that, the PS verison does not have this option yet.

1 Like

While I am hyped for Cyberpunk 2077, im simply going to wait for CDPR’s next gen upgrade before playing it. I figure that will give me a game to play at an empty point in 2021 and because I have 14 games to play up to and including Outriders. So im better off eliminating my backlog while also getting the upgrade version of Cyberpunk 2077.

So it really sounds like it won’t be how Witcher 3 disc version released, and also digital for that matter, in how they didn’t have these modes until the One X patch. I see no reason for them to remove these modes with a day one patch, so it sounds like we actually are gonna get it in 60fps and I assume just like Witcher 3 now it will have a dynamic resolution?

Depending on how extreme the differences are between quality and performance mode I might just go for the latter. Played Control yesterday after my last played game was AC Valhalla at 60fps and that difference is just painful, lol.

1 Like

I’ll be picking 60 as well.

Screenshots seen of the menu where you choose performance or quality. I’ve read from someone playing the game that performance mode is better than quality but far from locked 60 and pretty blurry. Of course we don’t know what patches are yet to hit…

I’m going to wait and see on this but if its not locked at 60 or pretty consistent I may just go for quality as presumably that’s what they’ve optimised around the One X version whereas my guess is performance mode will be ‘an option’ rather than a final product type of thing.

Blurry? Oh, that would be such a bummer for sure. The performance mode in Witcher 3 is top notch on XSX. But that was patched by the devs themselves. When DF tried the disc version with no patch on One X I don’t remember how the quality was in terms of visuals.

As much as I love a smooth framerate, I will always be a sucker for a clean and crisp picture too. It’s not native 4K or bust or anything for me, but I don’t need a blurry picture. You’re right though, who knows what the day one patch might improve.

Depends on the resolution.

If it’s -1080P 60FPS VS 1800P 30FPS, I’ll be choosing Quality. If it’s just 1080 vs 1440 then I’ll choose performance.

It does depend on the game. And how it is designed to perform.

That’s true.

Do you remember where you read about it being a little blurry? The person on Reddit said the resolution indeed takes a hit but not so bad that he wants to start playing in quality mode. He thinks it’s dynamic 4K by the looks of it.

Next week should be real interesting after the day one patch.

Can’t wait for this. Booked Thursday off work to get stuck in. Just hope my copy actually turns up on Thursday or that was a wasted day!

Seems to be reviewing really well which is great. Although there appears to be quite a few bugs, hoping a lot of those get cleared up with the day one patch.

Think I’m going to go Nomad for my first play through. Then I’ll wait for the next gen update for my next play through. :slightly_smiling_face: