Crisis Core: FF7 Reunion Announced (coming this Winter to Xbox)

You’re missing the point. The OP states where the scene is from. That’s a spoiler.

Well yeah i guess ge should have tagged it. I didnt even read what he wrote. Thought he just posted the pic

Thanks for acknowledging that. Anyway, interested to see what this ends up being.

I have no interest in playing this due to the episodic nature, but it would be good to finally put this “demon” to rest.

3 Likes

If it’s coming to Xbox and Switch I feel bad for Switch users. Kingdom Hearts Switch version in the cloud runs horrible. And I don’t believe it will be better with FF7R.

And for Xbox ? If it’s coming out I will wait for the FF7R part 2 announcement. Don’t want to wait another 2 years for part 2 after it released on PS5.

1 Like

I wouldn’t wait. It’s a great game and does a fairly decent job of being its own thing and wrapping things up to a degree. The sequel will be the sequel, look at it as a bonus. Also, I hate to be like this but it’s one of those things where Xbox folks need to engage with a product to show those “clever execs” at Square Enix that porting games is worthwhile.

I’m fully expecting it to be a nothing burger, but I really don’t get how it vanished from the list.

I want to believe.

OIP (2)

2 Likes

Why couldn’t they? We have seen countless times where an Xbox version of a game being cancelled why still comming out on other consoles. I know they won’t do it but they could if they wanted to

Brace yourself.

6 Likes

Well, looks like I’m putting in a weeks holiday

2 Likes

Now all we need is a legit Xbox leak, nah.

If FF is not coming to Xbox, I will safely say that Square Enix decided to run FF into the ground.

Would be not be surprsing though.

1 Like

IF Xbox finally gets FF then I’m going to assume the ABK acquisition had something to do with it.

All of a sudden all these other publishers have seen that the biggest independent publisher is now owned by a platform holder. Imagine if Xbox buy another one, it’s going to shake up the industry so much.

3 Likes

We were getting a lot of japanese games before the acquisition regardless. For Japan, to do a major change, Microsoft has to acquire a publisher there.

Then again, any company that ignores Xbox on the west (if it is not Switch only) is essently cripples itself. Especially after ABK. The price paid for ABK is bigger than the market cap of all japanese game publishers combined.

I would not be surprised if SE regrets FF16 exclusivity to PS deal (without PC), but considering the quality of FF7R port - probably not :joy:

I would say it’s more to do with the console market not being one sided this generation. If you look at sales, both are selling out but it’s not 2:1 and in some territories, Xbox is selling more because of shortages. Especially when SE is trying to turn a profit more than ever after the disasters of Avengers and Guardians, cutting out such a large market share doesn’t, make a who lot of sense. If they put FF7R on Xbox or Crisis core everywhere, I’d say that the sequels will be too.

2 Likes

SE is relatively profitable. Their main cash cow is FF14 though.

I guess it’s being announced during this event:

1 Like

Pls be real !!