Central thread to clear up Sony's confusing PR

I think he’s hilarious, I know he is most likely targeting the younger audience but I find the shit he says amusing and don’t take it seriously. All in a good way.

4 Likes

People say truly awful shit about Aaron Greenberg because he uses too many exclamation points or emojis. It’s sickening.

I’m not a fan of his public facing work tbh, nor Larry’s. But they are clear and they are genuinely good guys not out to deceive anyone. I just don’t think they do well connecting with the audience.

2 Likes

Yes. An industry analyst, who has insider info on these exact sort of business deals, was told as much by Sony themselves.

https://twitter.com/PiersHR/status/1306342549477642245

So where is the AMD Community blogpost about PS5?

We got multiple ones for XSX as brand new RDNA2 Arch

Where is the one for Sony…?

1 Like

Good to see some media figureheads calls this out. It becomes tiring to see how media is quiet if Sony does something, but very loud when Microsoft does something.

3 Likes

Thinking GT7 is cross gen too…someone should be asking Sony on each and every title. Saw this on ResetEra. Apparently one is GT Sport and the other is GT7:

I dunno which is which.

This helps, but yeah…GT7 looks 100% current gen to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHGSe6VvQY

4 Likes

I think too. Now let’s remember that lol

So Spiderman on PS4…it does not appear to me to have a free upgrade path at all to PS5. Instead, ya must buy the ultimate edition of Spiderman MM. Is that not EXACTLY the an identical scenario to the PR disaster that Control and 505 Games got embroiled in?

Sony should be called to the carpet for this too.

5 Likes

@TavishHill

Yes equal treatment required no mercy, no free pass

Jim Sterling will probably release a video about this topic. He loves this kind of stuff.

I thought it the job of clearing up Sonys PR was already taken by Geoff Keighley?

6 Likes

Ha! Im actually looking forward to hearing what he has to say about this.

It was a lovely mess. An own goal. It’s the sort of thing Xbox do. Snatch defeat from the claws of victory.

1 Like

A bit like E3 2013 but in reverse with Jim Ryan called by some the new Don Mattrick :rofl:

1 Like

Met him on Xbox fanfest he is like your funny uncle who still lives like he is a young xbox fan and I love it :smiley:

I don’t like seeing all the venom towards Ryan. He’s a nice guy within the industry who I believe tries to do the right thing and I don’t think he clickbaits. I don’t think he’s had good takes lately but as someone still listening to IGN, they come from a place of being frustrated that he doesn’t believe Microsoft is doing enough to compete. Agree or disagree with that, its the source of the seeming 180. He’s consistently not been a fan of moneyhats but now has accepted they are part of competing and has openly asked if Microsoft should match. Problem with comparing Tweets spread 6 years apart, they’re missing a lot of context.

Personally I don’t want Microsoft diluting investment that could go towards 1st party or Game Pass content with moneyhats.

Back to Sonys messaging, we’ve rightfully called out Microsoft for being messy with theirs. Sony deserves heat for this one. Not just doing a 180. I can handle that. I’m still foggy about too many things due to contradictory messaging. Not sure what to trust at this point. To me “pro consumer” doesn’t start with a price or exclusitivy. It starts with transparency and understanding of what I’m getting and what my options are. I’m not feeling a pro consumer foundation with what appears to be intentionally muddy messaging.

2 Likes

“We believe in console generations”- Slippin Jimmy Ryan

2 Likes

Just woke up, looked at the era threads and actually happy to see people are reacting about Sony lying.

And the price increase in games, if you’re in the USA the increase isn’t that bad.

But in the uk it is awful.

£69.99 is $90 usd.

Our games were £49.99 prior, what is $64 usd (close to usd prices with taxes)

We did get a couple games at £59.99 towards the end, but these were digital only games and by Activision.

I honestly hope everyone doesn’t follow suit, as I will be buying a LESS games and will be less likely to take a chance on games.