Black Myth: Wu Kong - 13 Minutes Official Gameplay Trailer

More infos

Hands on impressions (If one of you understand really well chinese please share the translation, thanks)

2 Likes

So before I get excited is this actually coming out to the United States and will this have a localized English version? If not then not much reason for me to look forward to it.

We still don’t know yet. We just have to keep asking @XboxP3 for acquiring them & bringing it to us, or partnership if not possible but don’t lose hope.

Imho I want them to join XGS they have so much talent and can really inspire the other teams and share. In addition, they use the Unreal Engine (4), used a lot by XGS team in majority. They are not a really big studio and they need all the help possible to achieve their vision. So maybe not expansive to buy.

Plus MS really needs an asian studio, they said it countless times they would want to have one join their team. I am all for it. Nonetheless, MS should show them why it is worth coming to XGS and I’m sure they will do their best if they try.

Here is how I show you how to not lose hope to see it coming to Xbox, he is playing with an Xbox One controller lol (I know the answer already pc dev etc).

And for those who doubt it is not smoke and mirrors but playable in some form. Look at the link below. Now they have to make it last on a big finished project. If some of you understand what it is said please share, thanks.

I really like the look of this, did I hear they are struggling to find a backer for it too? Like really? Games looks incredible surely would have plenty of offers, if not get a move on Xbox lol.

FORGET THAT THIS IS WHAT XBOX SHOULD BE LOOKING AT. WE DON’T JUST NEED IT ON XBOX WE NEED THIS LEVEL OF GAMES DEVELOPMENT ON XBOX.

1 Like

I do wonder if TENCENT or NETEASE will step in as they seem to catch things early or maybe this devs have already refused them.

The founders left Tencent, so I think they expect to get the support of another company.

I entirely agree. Souls games aren’t my style, but this game is impressive even at this development stage. Phil and Matt should check this studio very carefully as the Eastern team candadite that XGS needs.

Are you sure it’s him? It looks like just someone using his Twitter username.

Yep 100% it’s him it was even confirmed by one of the mod here @zedox

You can ask him if you want confirmation.

I would love to see Spencer go after Game Science to be part of Xbox Game Studios but I don’t see it happening nor do I see him trying to get the game as a full or timed console exclusive. At best, multi-platform day one on Game Pass.

As for publisher, if I had to guess, I’ll go with CyGames and yes, Sony because they’re on a spending spree so that would not surprise me one bit.

Xbox has to keep and stay agressive and focus on opportunities like this. No matter the cost. It’s like a spark which can cause a fire. The fire of greatness.

This kind of studio could greatly share their knowledge to freshen up Gears Of War IP for example or bring their combat expertise to Fable or Avowed. Since they are both Action RPGs.

For me asian devs are way better at combat gameplay mechanics than western devs. They make better stylish games with better choregraphed frenetic action. Smoother transitional animations during gameplay combat, etc. More satisfying gameplay loops. Better sense of fluidity and character control.

Imho if MS want to showcase this smooth 60fps that is the way to go frankly.

Xbox lacks this kind of gameplay madness from Asia. So they should go for it.

I agree completely. I just don’t see Spencer going after the studio/game in that way. I would love to be proven wrong though.

That is why we have to keep pushing them in this direction and prove them it is the way to go.

Make our voices heard loud enough to make them act the way we want. They alway say they hear their fans so we just should keep asking them to make bold moves like this one. I want MS to be unpredictable and wild.

Moreover take a look at this from the same Art Director. It was a previous project named Red Tides

It was originally a mobile game project. Look how insanely talented this studio is. This project could easily be repurposed in something grander more ambitious as a full fledge AAA Adventure ARPG with MS backing.

If you look at his Artstation work descriptions he often say his studio is small and poor by modesty. For me it screams “HELP!!!”

You don’t need to convince me. lol. Red Tides looks good for what it is but I don’t see it being a console game. Game Science has two studios in two different cities. One for single player AAA and one for mobile/PC. In all honesty, I only care about the single player AAA title which in this case is Black Myth.

Lol I know I was speaking about convincing MS, not us we are already more than convinced. Yes 2 depts but they can do a project scale switch in an hypothetical dream scenario. But 1 thing at a time. Agree, Black Myth 1st priority now full burst.

For this game, I’m wondering how they will achieve 72 transformations in gameplay mechanics if it’s full fledged, seems really a huge task.

This is really cool! I want this sci-fi thing as a console game!

AFAIK It was just a side project to help getting funds for their primary project Wu Kong.

Yeah, I know, but I want it anywaaaaay! :smile: PHIIIIIIIIIIIL!

Game looks stunning.

1 Like

I would think that there would be 72 transformations but you can only have four equipped at a time as they were located in the bottom left corner. I’m thinking you unlock them as you play through the game and as you gain more transformations, you could probably change them on the fly as long as you’re outside of combat. At least, this is how I personally see it going.