Black Myth: Wu Kong - 13 Minutes Official Gameplay Trailer

Glad to see the positive reception towards this game. They made quite a big 1st impression.

This is how you do it. Show don’t tell. Straight to the point.

Then later if people are interested give additional info to keep gamers aware and involved.

Words don’t mean much if you don’t back it up 1st.

Here they came from nowhere and surprised everybody.

Look how people are crazy excited about it now.

Impressive & lenghty awesome gameplay video showcasing various aspects of the game while warning it was still in dev and finishing with an epic trailer full of surprise showing a glimpse of way more to come.

They perfectly nailed it!

Wow, that blew my socks off clean. This is probably the most next gen looking gameplay I have yet seen and this was from an indie studio in China? Step aside Euro-American Devs there’s a new player in town!

Really hope this comes to Xbox Series S|X

Journey to the West is a book by Wu Cheng’en, which inspired both this game and Ninja Theory’s Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

4 Likes

This looks absolutely incredible! Looks better than all of the games shown at Sony or MS event imo.

Ah ok sorry my bad then you are correct thought you were confused about the differents names. I learned something at least! Thanks for that!

It’s funny that this game made by a small team and budget seems to be more exciting than what Sony & MS showed.

Wow. Some really impressive stuff there! Very cool style/feel, superb technical artistry (to say the last!) and the world seems really unique. Boss battles looked INCREDIBLY well made too! Would love seeing it on XSX. :slight_smile:

This looked amazing. A game that I have never heard off and I was sold on it with the first few minutes of the gampelay.

The setting, the visuals and the combat looked amazing.

This is what MS needed in the showcase. A showing with few minutes of gameplay which makes you go WOW regardless of different interests

2 Likes

The Art Director of the game. Look at his work. It is amazing!

1 Like

Looks really good, though keep in mind this is most certainly a vertical slice. But the ambition and potential is there, we’ll see where it lands.

2 Likes

This is the level of visuals I expect at 4k 60fps on next gen.

Same for me that is what I’m expecting for the start of next gen.

Incredible visuals with details richness and depth at great performance.

1 Like

It should remind us of Enslaved given that they are based on the same 16th century text :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree that we should keep our expectations in check, but these visuals (while fantastic) are a bit of the minimum of what I’d expect for XSX at this point - look at the animation, slower refresh rate on destroyed environmental particles, etc… Plus, given the fact that it’s still two more years of development time, I don’t imagine that it will look “worse” than this by any means. I still stand by the statement that, aside from COVID’s inarguable effects on development, Series X will end up producing some incredible visuals beyond what many are expecting (the architectural leaps of the CPU and GPU alone are some of the biggest seen between gens, and that’s even with the One X accounted for).

2 Likes

Looks pretty damn good for sure. Will wait and see more details/footage in the future as this very well feels like a vertical slice.

Black Myth: Wukong Developer Responds to Huge Popularity of First Trailer

Developers at Game Science are delighted with the response, but aren’t letting it get to their heads

Well deserved! Hope they deliver.

1 Like

They had my interest but now have my respect. They actually acknowledged the low frame rate issues in the battle against multiple enemies and other technical issues. When the hell does a developer actually do that unless pushed by the those who played the game?

Them saying that and also telling people to “forget” what they saw as they want the game to look even better than the demo, it’s like fuck yeah, day one…you got my money!!!

They said even harsher things towards the demo. They look at it like as players look. They don’t seem to look like car salesmen yes men overhype undeliver style when you read their statement about the game. Like you see with others.

Imho, asian devs are way more perfectionist and critical of their own work that’s why. It’s in their culture. They always try to push themselves harder & further to do the best they can. That’s what I love about them. This sense of doing your best.

I’m confident with such mentality, pproper funds, more workforce, talent and great tech support they could be able to deliver something memorable.

I agree completely. I was hyped before and now, im super hyped. My only complaint is that in a way, I wish they didn’t show the game yet because I know it’s at least 2+ years away and that sucks because I want to play it but I know that I have to wait a few more years.

So, that’s pretty much all of us with Fable, Avowed, Hellblade 2, and now this haha

I understand but they needed to do it to attract more like minded talented devs and maybe grab publishers attention. They need help. That’s why under XGS they can grow. @XboxP3 here is an asian studio full of potential. Guys keep asking lol hoping MS will acquire them.

Don’t waste your chance please!