Black Myth: Wu Kong - 13 Minutes Official Gameplay Trailer

Yes same as you but how to differentiate them it’s a big task I admit

Oh, okay. Gotcha. I misunderstood and definitely agree with you.

The first thing I thought when I saw this and researched the studio was that this is what Xbox needs. Pay whatever the amount, give them whatever they need and games like this as exclusives will move people towards your platform. This technically fits all the criteria for what XGS and Matt have been looking for. They are small, they need financial backing, and are extremely talented with a potential blockbuster IP. Think of how many DBZ fans would buy this just becasue of the relation to DragonBall. I don’t know how it would work acquiring a Chinese studio with the relations between countries, but I would do whatever it takes to make them part of the Xbox family. You already know Sony is looking at this too.

3 Likes

Black Myth: Wukong - 19 New Details We’ve Learned

The beginning of a Black Myth Universe?

Black Myth: Wukong - The World Exclusive Story Behind the Breakout Action-RPG

How the surprise Chinese indie success story came to be - and where’s it’s going next.

Interesting new details!

Thanks @Staffy for the vid link

2 Likes

Is there any update on this game? Release date, getting brought. Anything at all?

Not for the moment, they are really hard at work on it. Submarine mode on. Lol. We will hear from them later…

Game looks amazing so I hope to god it does come to xbox, would love an exclusive lol

2 Likes

We all hope! Yes indeed it looks amazing.

12 minutes of brand new gameplay

2 Likes

Shit…forgot that there was a Black Myth Wukong topic. Oh well.

That new gameplay trailer looks awesome and Black Myth Wukong is still the best looking game I have see thus far for current generation.

okay this has easily jumped to my most anticipated games list, shit looks crazy and the exact game for me as a Sekiro and in general Fromsoft fan.

Hoping the default walking speed is increased a bit, currently it looks like he’s walking in molasses until he sprints, and this happens outside the snow area. In that sense, I see a lot more Nioh like approach to both movement and the stances, whereas the enemy and combat design is very Fromsoft like, which is a good thing for me.

Also the music is grand and varied.

Hope this game actually lives up to everything they’ve shown till now. :crossed_fingers:

2023 gon be mad wild, sheesh

Looks incredible and nice to see actual game stuff running on UE5 and still presenting the insane geometry detail as the tech demos. Lighting was great too.

Epic is on to something very special with this engine.

1 Like

Watched it again, man this is just so great. From the awesome detailed visuals to very impressive looking animations, it’s all so lively. I want this to show up at a future Xbox E3 show, have this featured in a big way like they did for Sekiro.

It’s absolutely possible Sony already contacted this developer, but it’s also possible MS did the same. They need a bigger foothold in Asia in general and were better to improve that than with this? Wouldn’t it be great if they helped out with development? Partly help with funding it?

For me it’s not a “exclusive to Xbox or bust…” Kind of thing, having it release day and date on Xbox Series is all I need! Really hope MS has been paying attention to this.

Looks good, but then again I thought BioMutant looked good too. Will have to wait to see how this turns out as a game.

2 Likes

actually true lol, jesus :pensive:

But this more or less goed for almost any new IP really. Even from a established developer. :wink:

I see your point though. With the first video it seemed like an action adventure but with this new video it looks more like a Souls like game, well, combat especially. I would like it if there’s more to it than that. There seem to be flying parts too and we saw that in the first footage too.

One more thing about how this needs to come to Xbox…

A while ago there was a indie dev from Korea and he said he’d love to bring his game to Xbox, but that he didn’t hear from them. That’s the kind of stuff that hopefully has changed. I hope Phil keeps this “fight” I guess, to get more and more Asian content to Xbox going. It was thanks to him that we now have Tales back and I’m so glad to have it back when I see how awesome the demo of Arise is, we have Yakuza and even Judgment, Dragon Quest and maybe in the near future Persona. I

There may not be as many gamers with Xbox interested in Asian games as PS gamers, but I absolutely believe there are enough.

1 Like
  • Evolve
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Anthem
  • Cyberpunk
  • BioMutant

And so many other examples of us falling hard for early hype from 5-10 minute verticle slice trailers like this, where the footage we’re seeing is the full build they made for it within their in-game engine. Which allows them to crank things up to levels their full game will not be able to replicate

This could so easily be one of those, but people are just fully sold on it. Hope it holds up, but I’m not that confident that it will

1 Like

It’s absolutely on PC what we’re seeing but I don’t expect it to look like this on current hardware. Things will be scaled back for sure. And probably 1080p@60fps, maybe dynamic 4k and dynamic 4K@30fps with higher fidelity is my guess.

DLSS :grinning:

2 Likes

Is IGN publishing the game or something? lol

2 Likes