Avowed: Details reported by Jez Corden

This sounds good

3 Likes

I mean, you get Andromeda confused with Mass Effect so… :wink:

6 Likes

I need this game now! My favourite studio, on a first party budget. Unleash the RPG’s!

5 Likes

Go Away Reaction GIF by Travis

2 Likes

E_LsEKeWEAkfV-C

3 Likes

I see you woke up today, and decided on violence

3 Likes

Didnt know any other series thats not ME had Asari’s, Turians, Salarians and Krogans tho.

Cup Of Tea Hello GIF by Loof and Timmy

As someone who gave Mass Effect multiple chances…

please be more like Elder Scrolls than Mass Effect

2 Likes

Really hope this game is a looker, it’s one of the few things Obsidian is missing to bring the studio up to that upper upper echelon in terms of mindshare

Mass Effect’s Protheans are just a ripoff of Forerunners in Halo.

dw im just tryna rile up shit, i haven’t played ME beyond a few hours of ME1.

In terms of world, setting it definitely seems to be TES, but maybe Jez means in terms of RPG systems it’s more like BioWare?

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

Hope they take all the time they need. I’ll probably be wanting to play the Pillars of Eternity games before this comes out anyway so I’m fine with 2023/2024.

2 Likes

I didn’t much of The Outer Worlds but I don’t want every game being a massive open world. Even playing Far Cry 6, it’s just too damn big so im happy that Avowed is HUB/map based. They can make those maps more varied and dense instead of just being one giant open world.

Bigger than Outriders but I loved the map setup in that game. You advance through the story by going through each map but never feels too big, too much or overwhelming. I think Avowed will be bigger than Outriders obviously but the idea will be similar.

Sounds incredible. I doubt we see it this year, and probs not until after Starfield.

Late 2023 release at the earliest

It’ll be shown late this year or by e3 2022

1 Like

Seems its still early and showing gameplay for games that arent ready can be bad for PR. Im thinking VGAs 2022.

E3 next year is possible though

What was Obsidian talking about after E3 then, I wonder? :wink: