Avowed: Details reported by Jez Corden

yup. But good luck taking it back . People are going to run with it .

1 Like

move over “AAAA”, a new nebulous word is in town! :joy:

1 Like

@Klobrille plays a low ball game a lot

He has seen the game… But never accepts he is an insider

the term “insider” comes with a lot of unwanted baggage, that’s why.

You don’t think it might make the world feel disconnected though?

What examples do we have of this other than ToW?

Dragon age inquisition comes to mind. dunno about other ones but thats the only one i played a bit of

I really liked the fire animation in the CG trailer . Happy that its the same in-game .

All open world means to me is a bunch of boring traveling between hubs.

2 Likes

Magic Xbox One X GIF by Xbox

7 Likes

Given two hands, this is definitely my combo

Wait, that bit was in-game after all?

bad open worlds, yeah. Doesn’t mean open world games in general can’t pull it off well.

3 Likes

“We” have seen? Who is “we”? Why you and not us?

rage GIF

Jez said its the same in-game .

HOW

4 Likes

violence.

Lmao thats the first time ive seen someone mix up the outer worlds and mass effect and not the outer worlds and outer wilds

4 Likes

Ah, right, I read that too but I read that as the effect is the same as in how it looks but I wonder if those visuals are exactly how it looks. I definitely think it can though.

you have a party which grows as you play, your landing on worlds doing missions tied to a single world than going to a new world with new missions. All these missions also progress an overarching plot. Gun based gameplay that also involves skills and abilities. At varying points you get prompted to do a mission that involves one of your party members that will improve how they feel about you. Its the same game structure with only a perspective difference. At various points I’m prompted to make a choice that overall doesn’t matter. But its adds nice minutia to an otherwise linear story. So looking back at it I generally think of Mass Effect first because it did it better.

1 Like

Hmm, there are great ones out there though. And I think for games likes GTA and RDR hub worlds wouldn’t work.

We’ll just have to wait for official details on this, so far we have what Sponger said and that sounded amazing to me.

What I wonder though is, if it’s hub worlds and we go from a big town to like a forest, will that mean a brief loading sequence when entering this forest? Trying to picture how this would look.

1 Like