Avowed: Details reported by Jez Corden

aaah ok. I mean, I would be happier if it isn’t just made super large to boast a super large open world, especially if the world isn’t interesting to explore and interact with on a regular pace.

Fallout New Vegas was fully open world.

That’s true. But he seems to base it on what he saw. But I don’t doubt Obsidian has something special here, whether open world or hub areas. The real pro a open world has is that it’s all one big world, all connected. But then I think of Starfield and this will probably won’t be completely open world either, unless we actually fly out to these planers in real-time, no loading etc.

1 Like

New Vegas literally the strip and a bunch of emptyness but yes you are right.

1 Like

Jez is corroborating with Grubb saying 2023, so nothing’s fortunately changed on that front. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Definitely happy to hear 2023 is still in the cards.

1 Like

Copium will be a consumable item in Avowed. :skull:

1 Like
3 Likes

I want it so bad :sob: wonder what kind of character we will get to be this time, being a watcher on Pillars was so cool.

Jez. My dude. Some people assumed your use of the word “pre-production” meant planning phase because… that’s literally what pre-production means in almost every context :rofl:

9 Likes

I mean, people read what he said lol. He admitted in a reply that “pre-alpha” is a better descriptor

2 Likes

I wonder if this will be third person since its beings compared to the outer worlds.

???

1 Like

The Outer Worlds is first person and the gameplay we have seen is first person

3 Likes

Lol pre alpha sounds far more along the development cycle than pre production. Alot of misconception masking the amazing potential this game has

your right. I was thinking of Mass Effect. I always get those two mixed up as they feel like the same game

1 Like

jez should not have used the word pre production .

He changed it because people don’t understand what it can mean in development

It being HUB/map based excites me more than it being a full fledged open world. Looking forward to seeing gameplay.

it’s fine now lol, he clarified.

Should just be more careful when using specific phrases, especially when most readers have at best a laymen understanding of said phrases instead of just accusing them of “not reading” lol.

1 Like