Anyone playing Crossfire X ? It's downloadable now!

Remedy does know how to make a visual pleasing game.

5 Likes

I donā€™t believe this one bit. MS only had the reveal, nobody had the marketing rights. Geoff probably just paid a hefty price to have it on his show because the show was otherwise trash without it (also why he placed it at the end).

What would Sony even do? Threaten to not let Bamco release on PS? Thatā€™d just hurt Sony.

The plan wasnā€™t necessarily to buy it immediately, first definitely try out the free first campaign to feel what itā€™s like.

I hope they wonā€™t soon give up on this game, meaning the MP here because despite the extremely floaty aiming it does play well, itā€™s fun but the floaty aiming ruins a lot. Hopefully thatā€™s one of the first things they patch.

Crossfire is one of the most popular games worldwide and has been supported for a very long period already. Thatā€™s why it is strange this release is handled in the way it has been done. Remedy was already done with the campaign almost two years ago (!). So not sure why everything took so long.

1 Like

I was talking about 3rd party multiplatform marketing deals and yeah they were unlucky on most of them. Considering how weak was the Xbox One generation 3rd party AA/AAA exclusives were pretty decent (I love Sunset Overdrive too!), sometimes hindered by MS themselves like ReCore but they were mostly good games I agree.

Crossfire campaign looks really nice graphically from the videos Iā€™ve seen plus itā€™s good to have a performance mode available.

1 Like

Above :point_up: is Series X.

Series S does NOT have the option of performance/graphics.

1 Like

Okay so I feel since no one is defending this game so I need to advocate for it a bit. Iā€™ve gone on record as saying itā€™s good and itā€™s fun. Does that mean it will make my top 10 list at the end of the year? Definitely not. However for people to say this game is trash is completely ridiculous. Itā€™s literally only $9 too by the way. Maybe donā€™t expect Halo or Elden Ring here. Temper expectations, donā€™t be so hyperbolic, and try to have some fun when playing video games.

Hereā€™s a clip I made just now. When I said that I play Remedy games by inspecting the world the destroying the world this is what I meant lol

5 Likes

2/5

I canā€™t say anything about the game because I couldnā€™t play it yet, fix your shit Smile gate or Microsoft :clown_face:

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s still not on there. Someone on Reddit said he paid for both campaigns, yet the first one isnā€™t available to him.

I guess weā€™ll see after the weekend or soā€¦I donā€™t get at all why this needs to take so long.

1 Like

:cricket::cricket: :cricket:

So, did Remedy bungle this game or what?

Iā€™m good with my hobby. Iā€™ll call out games like this for being lazy cash grabs. Youre the only one defending it.

1 Like

Nice to read an opinion from someone who isnt mercilessly dumping on this game. So far Ive enjoyed what ive played of the MP. B-TIER ftp shooter, but its better than similar games like black squad imo. In a way reminds me of Americaā€™s Army on ps4.

Though i personally expected literally nothing from it. I feel like some folks had their hopes up that this would be a big game for Xbox, and the fact that its not something that can be trumpetted as a great exclusive has resulted in some backlash.

ā€œCrossfireX feels like a 15-year-old game that was remastered five years agoā€

lolā€¦ yeah that seems spot on. But I like 15 year old games so its all good.

1 Like

At this point Remedy is Platinum Games basically.

FYI for those whoā€™ve been wanting to download it:

It looks like itā€™s back proper now. I know it showed up again yesterday, but wouldnā€™t start downloading if you tried. Looks like they fixed that now, as Iā€™m currently at 25%.

Crossing my fingers. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In the Game Pass info on the game it says 7GB, thatā€™s the same as the MP I got installed. It used to say 54GB. But maybe that was all wrong all along. Letā€™s redownload and hope the Catalyst campaign is not locked now.

54 Gb is what itā€™s grabbing for me now, so sounds like it might be the real deal.

Been looking forward to this one for a while. Iā€™ve no interest in multiplayer, so the atrocious reviews for that donā€™t bother me. Nor does any one the criticisms Iā€™ve seen of the single-player campaign. Itā€™s brown. The protagonist has a cockney accent. The enemy faction has a forgettable name. Okā€¦ Who gives a shit? Sounds to me like theyā€™re reaching for bad things to say.

But who knows? Maybe Iā€™ll be back later today saying itā€™s not very good. But until I get my hands on it Iā€™ll continue to have faith in Remedy. Iā€™ve yet to play a game of theirs I havenā€™t quite enjoyed.

1 Like

Wtf. Then I donā€™t get it anymore. The one Iā€™m downloading from GP is 7.84GB. when in the main menu of the game I click on the locked campaign it goes to the store and shows that Operation Catalyst is supposed to be in the bundle. But itā€™s notā€¦

And you took it straight from Game Pass section? This shit is tiresome.

Started the install remotely via the app. But then I turned on the Xbox to make sure it was going, and it was grabbing 54 Gb. Had to leave after that though, so canā€™t say whatā€™s going on now.

Doubly crossing my fingers itā€™ll be properly done by the time I get home, but youā€™re making me concerned it might not be.

I think youā€™ll be good to go. My Xbox never ever says 54GB when downloading. I really have no idea what is doing this.