Anyone playing Crossfire X ? It's downloadable now!

It’s a mystery haha.

But Sifu is indie though. Microsoft has become much better with indies these last year or year. A lot of high quality ones.

Oh you we’re talking Triple A 3rd party? Yeah Xbox needs to make some safer bets. From Software would be a good start and very safe

1 Like

But they alegedly (according to rumors at least) lost marketing rights on it due to annoyed Sony. Despite Bamco being a friend to Xbox. I wonder if Microsoft even is even vetting their deals. I mean they should have been aware of Cyberpunk or BF state.

Anyway I wonder if we can make a list of all of their third party partnership. Would be interesting to see. So far we have

• Anthem

• Cyberpunk 2077

• Battlefield 2042

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R (though it might be good still despite NFT shenanigans). Though it is part of ID@Xbox

• Crossfire X (stopped marketing later)

Who remembers other?

2 Likes

I personally haven’t gotten far in the game yet but looking at critics Control was highly praised. Was really hopeful about CrossfireX campaign when it was said Remedy was behind it but…

As for the issue with the locked Operation Catalyst campaign mission…the game is only 7GB installed, right? And it’s supposed to be a total of 54GB. I don’t get why this is taking so long.

I don’t think this is Remedy’s fault, I do agree that their peak was Max Payne though

Didn’t they have Fallout 76 too? :stuck_out_tongue:

Two that turned out great I’d say are DMC5 and Fallen Order. Both games were successful and with very good reception from both players and reviewers. But yeah there are a lot more duds on that list than successful partnerships, as @Khalid117x already said they are doing a very good job on the indie front but on the AAA they can definitely do a lot better.

Back on topic is the Crossfire campaign running at 30fps on SX? is there even a performance mode? :thinking:

I saw a tweet just now that MS overall with third party AAA hasn’t been lucky but I don’t completely agree with that. SO was fantastic, DR3 was definitely a fun time, more than that actually. And probably a few more, but it can be better. Game Pass had some great ones like Hitman Trilogy and Mass Effect LE, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Metro Exodus, but also not so great games with Outriders and Back 4 Blood.

Hoping we’ll see a significant improvement with this from here on out, it’s not only up to MS of course.

Nothing to do with Remedy. It’s all on Smilegate.

Maybe not the optimal solution but you could just buy crossfirex-operation-spectre it’s only $9. They will add crossfire catalyst soon to Gamepass. Aren’t you going to buy spectre anyway? This way you won’t be fomo and can start enjoying the game. Just a suggestion. After playing Spctre I can say the game is cool. I like the Ray Traced graphics and the slow down gun play mechanic is pretty fun.

There is a 30fps graphics mode or a 60fps performance mode. I always choose graphics mode. Something about Remedy games where I need to carefully inspect the environment then destroy everything in the environment.

1 Like

So this release is going swimmingly…

Originally the full Campaign wasn’t going to Gamepass, so I guess they changed their minds after looking at the full product.

GOC

This game is NOTHING like other remedy games. Please do not Insult games like Control by comparing it to this absolute trash.

Game is abysmal. I’m sorry. Who thought making the controls like this was smart?

2 Likes

Has anyone from Microsoft acknowledged this ? Phil or Sarah ?

As CEO of gaming Phil needs to fix the quality control of games Xbox partners with !

Have you played the campaign yet? It controls differently and is completely remappable. That’s the part Remedy did. I agree that the MP controls like shit.

1 Like

This game is a good. To call it trash makes me think you need to find another hobby.

1 Like

Everybody, put the MP on performance right now. Still not great, but better.

I could have sworn they had The Witcher 3 as well.

yeah, there is good ones like AC Origins/Valhalla, MK 11, DMC V, BF1.

but majority are dud add to that list Battlefield V and Watch dogs legion, Far cry 6 which didn’t do good or big hits