Any other Xbox centric podcasts besides XboxEra?

That makes sense, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard or watched a YouTube show/video that doesn’t say something to that effect, regardless of quality. Something I’ve come to expect and not mind considering the content is free.

The longer the better.

2 Likes

For me the ideal podcast length is between 60 and 90 minutes.

1 Like

It’s not about it being said. It’s about the amount of times it’s said and also the constant shoutouts.

Ewww… long as possible = best

2 Likes

Length is a Good topic. My own Xbox Podcast (a German One) is around 40-60 minutes in General. But i‘s edited.

I think the length of a podcast should be whatever it needs to be. If a topic sparks a discussion that lasts longer than intended, great. And if I don’t like it, I can always skip ahead or move on to a new one. Also, I usually have podcasts on as background noise while I work or if I’m playing a game like Minecraft, so I’m often less worried about the length and longer shows are actually a benefit to me.

Having said that, I also appreciate podcasts that aim to give the listener the same “experience”. Some people may only have an hour to listen, and i can understand how a 2 hour podcast might be too much to invest in.

haha I probably watch in total 10 or 15 channels and I don’t watch every single video they upload.

The main channels I watch are

• Outside Xbox / Outside Xtra (Casual gaming channels 10/10)
  • Dealer for RDX podcast
  • Rand for Xbox Two podcast
  • Smosh stuff
  • Xbox Era of course
  • Xbox
  • Windows Centeral Gaming
  • Unlocked Xbox podcast
  • Kinda Funny Games purely for Xcast podcast
  • Digital foundry of course
  • F1 for F1 stuff
  • Halo <3
  • Brad Sams

Like I said though don’t watch every single video from them either. I use Youtube as like TV stations haha subscribe to a bunch of people because I’ve liked their stuff at one point and usually watch a bunch when I’m in bed before going to bed.

I really like Xbox Two and Podcast Unlocked (hit or miss depending on hosts). Kinda Funny’s is pretty good as well, so I’ve been listening to that as well but it’s still quite new.

Surprised you are the only one to mention Double-Barrel Gaming :thinking: The host Mr Boomstick XL even got to interview Major Nelson

As do I, and given their access to the Xbox engineers (like Jason Ronald) I really appreciate some of the additional quick dives leading up to next-gen.

As do I, please don’t change. I look forward to being able to get through half of my day on Monday with you guys, definitely makes that slog easier.

4 Likes

Yeah, I really enjoy the long talks and them being able to finish thoughts and go on tangents without the pressure of time constraints.

I just wish it was a weekly podcast…

2 Likes

I like to chill while listening to a podcast so usually listen to you guys while playing Sea of Thieves solo. Appreciate the long podcasts and also agree with those that would like to have it every week. Keep up the great work! :+1:

2 Likes

Stay tuned on that. No promises yet, but we’d love it too - just gotta be able to support it consistently and to a quality level we’d want for folks that watch/listen.

6 Likes

That would be awesome! I understand it might be difficult, but man…I’d love it. You guys have something special.

Not a podcast but Installation00 is a great Halo Youtuber that doesnt get metioned too often along with the bigger Halo channels

Bumping this topic as a new Xbox focused podcast has emerged as well as a change to an already existing Xbox podcast as we start the now current generation of gaming.

First is an already existing Xbox focused podcast from Kinda Funny Games called XCast will now feature Parris (@vicious696 on Twitter) along with regular hosts @SnowBikeMike and @GaryWhitta. They haven’t posted a new podcast yet with Parris but im expecting it within the next week or so. Once Parris is on the show, I will check it out and see how it is.

Secondly, formerly known as Colin’s Last Stand, Last Stand Media has added an Xbox focused podcast called Defining Duke: An Xbox Podcast. It’s video oriented and consists of ACG (Karak) and Mr.Matty Plays as the hosts. First episode which I will watch Wednesday to see how it is, is posted below.

2 Likes

First actual topic is Halo, they talk about it being delayed to 2022 lol, almost wanted to stop listening then. Like I get that people have an issue with the way Halo looked in the July demo but no way was it bad enough for a almost 2 year delay, I don’t know where they get it from.

I watched the entire podcast. It was good overall and I like ACG and Matty. Only negative for me is that they missed Stalker 2 and Bright Memory Infinite during the 2021 Xbox/PC games segment.

They talk about Halo Infinite being delayed because ACG doesn’t put much stock into their blog post because the photos are fine but how about showing the July demo upgraded? Also, 343 mentions the 20th Anniversary as if it’s a guarantee but like ACG said, it was supposed to release two months ago.

I understand where he’s coming from but I do disagree. I believe that Halo Infinite is releasing in November 2021 no matter what.