Any other Xbox centric podcasts besides XboxEra?

This is one of the things I don’t understand what he was getting at, they didn’t delay the game so they can launch it on the Anniversary. It just happens to be the Anniversary and they probably put that into consideration too on how long to delay the game, not a huge part but more of a marketing thing. Delaying the game that long also gives them a lot of time.

Love MrMatty. Totally gonna listen right now.

Can you feel it? Things are starting to change…

1 Like

Watch the bigger media companies start to change their tune when Xbox turns from being easy clickbait money for talking shit about Xbox. It’s going to be night and day lol. They won’t want to be the ones hating on the popular thing which Xbox will become way more popular in future. They’re going to try and mend bridges and be like “heck yeah go Xbox!” after spending the last 8 years shitting on them, actually already started to see this with personalities inside the gaming space.

1 Like

He meant that when you look at all the marketing that went into Xbox Series X launch and that it was all centered around Halo Infinite and yet, it was delayed, to say that it’s coming out for sure in a year despite it not coming out two months ago seems to once again, them putting all their eggs into one basket.

If it was me, I wouldn’t have said anything at all about the game in regards to a release date. I would have simply shown it at the June 2021 Xbox Games Showcase and boom, it comes out in November but after seeing it, you would be like, okay, this looks much better where as now, the few images looked great but I want to see it in motion, gameplay as if I was playing it.

Also, I don’t want to see them just be cheer-leading for anything in particular. I want to see them go back and forth, have debates and conversations because that’s what makes the podcast good and entertaining. If they just say, yeah, it’s coming in November 2021 and move on, that’s boring to me.

I like Matty too. And ACG is damn good too.

1 Like

Game on daily is a podcast I’d like like to recommen :slight_smile:

I watch that one too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Defining Duke is great because AGC and Matty are both fantastic, but I absolutely despise Colin Moriarty so just the fact that its on his platform is depressing.

For those (like me) who watch the Iron Lords Podcast, they’re having this week’s episode tomorrow at 5pm EST with guest Colin Moriarty. Definitely looking forward to this podcast tomorrow.

It’s hard for me to pick one that’s best. Honestly, because a lot of them have negative aspects.

The people I really like though are Jez, Parris as they aren’t petty, aren’t acting like fanboys and despite loving and defending the brand, can also be very critical. Criticism helps Xbox improve. And they’re also fairly professional and don’t behave childish. Especially Parris. He’s my fav Xbox guy atm. I like the more mature nature of podcasters.

If Parris and Pena’s podcast was on Youtube, it would probably be my fav podcast by far. I like Rand but sometimes he can be very petty and self centered and makes things unneccesarily personal which results in some cringe but when he keeps it professional he’s fun to listen to. Jez is definately my fav of the Xbox 2 podcast. I love XCast as well, mainly because of Parris. Lately I’ve been listening to Miles and his Windows Central Gaming podcast…he has potential. I hope he doesn’t become a shill and keeps it fair like Jez. But Miles is a good dude and keeps things very chill and professional. When I’m in a troll mood, I love me some King from the Iron Lords podcast. I like Matty as well despite some of my issues.

I want to like Jeff Grubb too but sadly he doesn’t have a mainly Xbox centric podcast. I gave up on his podcast with Mike because it’s mostly about Nintendo, bit Sony and maybe some Xbox. I wish Jeff did an Xbox only podcast with xbox podcasters or just by himself. He would definately be my fav podcast then.

Mr Yellow Chair Parris is a shill. Nothing more, nothing less. Hides his achievements too…wonder why

No way is Parris a shill, are you kidding me. He was critical of Cyberpunk despite his ties with CDPR. He was critical of Xbox when they deserved some form of criticism. Maybe you need to look up the definition of shill because someone that leans towards Xbox and still is critical from time to time is anything but a shill. And how many people that have promotional ties with big gaming companies/publishers have been as critical of their game as Parris has. I don’t remember many. Usually no one would even have a small form of criticism (understandably so). But Parris did. Maybe it wasn’t enough to you but it doesn’t change the fact that he was fairly critical.

And who cares if he hides his achievements. Are you saying he is a fake xbox gamer or something ? I’ve been playing Xbox since 2001 and I could care less about achievements.

Honestly, i’m quite baffled by your comment. Imagine listening to rdx and then accusing Parris of being a shill. I hope Parris isn’t reading this thread.

I take it you don’t follow Parris on Twitter. Always fishing for a freebie. One of the biggest gaming shills on the platform.

His hypocrisy with 2077 holds no bound. Simple damage control after the months of shilling, building unfounded hype while sitting on the free 2077 branded chair.

I think it’s understandable gameplay demos are more hype than a in engine world trailer. Yet both are the same, just that demos take a lot more effort and time.

And the case of over promising graphics is always a possibility. Look it can be a case of Ghost of Tushima and Sea of Thieves where the initial reveal looked much better (even both games looks gorgeous nonetheless) or in case of RDR2 or God of War where the end result is the same or even better.

End of the matter is the developer will try their hardest to reach what was initially presented. The thing with demos is the developer themselves don’t know if they will reach what they created.

Why’s hiding achievements a bad thing? Someones gamerscore / achievements doesn’t mean anything.

1 Like

I would say, “don’t hate the player, hate the game.” when it comes to media and presenting and all that jazz.

But please refrain from getting too close to what I would deem as personal attacks on a person’s character. Its a complicated hustle out there on the wibbly wobbly web. :wink:

3 Likes

Iron Lords!!!

Awesome, smart and funny as hell :rofl:

1 Like

“Women of Xbox UK” just started and if the first episode is any indication it’s going to be a great series. You’ll get an insight of what working at Xbox is like and the passion and talent behind the games. Games that are coming out soon, too.

For most podcasts I split them to half hour portions but the last few Xbox Era podcasts I’ve been crushing them whole in one shot.

2 Likes

British woman accents are wonderful :+1: Link on the podcast maybe?

1 Like

Oh yeah that link in my post should take you to the entire playlist. There’s only an intro video and the first episode at the moment.